Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NuMotion won't reprogram my chair

NuMotion won't reprogram my chair

My back up chair is a like new Permobil C300.
    I bought it because my main chair is really worn everywhere. I have had to do four serious repairs to it, of which two required assistance for most of a day.
    Problem; Back up is nice except it has a delayed/slower steering speed. Frustrating navigating through a few tight spaces in my home.
    I talked with Numotion today to jump thru hoops to get a new chair. While I had their attention, I asked if they would reprogram my back up ride and I will pay them.
    No, was their answer. I had to >pry< out of them the reason. They will only service a chair that they sold to me.
    That's the 2nd time I've got that reply in 7 years so apparently it's their policy. They don't offer their reason for "no" freely, must pry it out of them. This is such BS.

I am familiar (but not an expert) with how to set the parameters but without the unobtainable tools, my knowledge is useless.
    What to do?
    * I may take controller out of worn chair and put it in back up chair. They are basically identical and only 1 year difference (2007 & 2008). Maybe this will work.
    * Option 2, use nice back up chair as a donor to refurbish my worn one. Lot of work.
    * Option 3, find someone in Alabama that can reprogram Permobil's.
    Whatca' think?

There are also people who rent out the programmers. you pay a deposit and get the money back, minus the rental fee, when you return it. You could also buy one off the internet. A used one would, more than likely, be cheaper than having a DME come out to program. Times have really changed where a dme wouldn't reprogram it. It takes less than 2 minutes to do, literally. i reprogram my ZX1's from time to time with no problem. Owning one gives flexibility to really fine tune to your liking. Once you're satisfied and feel you don't need it; sell it.

I'm assuming that it has R-Net Electronics. Programming it requires a dongle. I would think that you would be able to find someone to help you. I saw awhile back that you could rent a dongle on Ebay, I believe. Find a different dealer for out of pocket stuff. The rep from Permobil should be happy to help reprogram your chair while you test drive a new chair.

I was given a dongle by a Permobil tech in 2014 that worked on my 2014 chair. My 2014 dongle will not work with on other R-Net chairs (I've tried it on 3 others). I can get into the system deeper than just pressing up/down speed buttons allow but can't get into parameters. Dongles have a port that is used to download data into them. Apparently, mine doesn't have enough info in it. A certified tech can download more data into dongle but it requires access to Permobils data base and techs user/password. Afraid to ask Numotion to help with this, they may confiscate it.
    I saw on Ebay a rental unit, the factory type, not a tech dongle. $750 deposit, $75 per month rental fee, I think. I may go that route.
    Liability may be why NuMotion won't program my chair but it still sucks.

Check out the following two threads:
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/boar...php?f=2&t=8035 <--- Details on R-Net programming
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/boar...php?f=2&t=2111 <--- Details on how to build/buy a programming adapter

Ask around those forums to see if anyone can help with getting the exact SW you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I was given a dongle by a Permobil tech in 2014 that worked on my 2014 chair. My 2014 dongle will not work with on other R-Net chairs (I've tried it on 3 others). I can get into the system deeper than just pressing up/down speed buttons allow but can't get into parameters. Dongles have a port that is used to download data into them. Apparently, mine doesn't have enough info in it. A certified tech can download more data into dongle but it requires access to Permobils data base and techs user/password. Afraid to ask Numotion to help with this, they may confiscate it.
    I saw on Ebay a rental unit, the factory type, not a tech dongle. $750 deposit, $75 per month rental fee, I think. I may go that route.
    Liability may be why NuMotion won't program my chair but it still sucks.
    Nu Motion just wants to sell you a new chair. NuMotion sucks is all.
    Art

Yep, if this how they treat you now, imagine how they'll treat you after they get paid fr a new chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Yep, if this how they treat you now, imagine how they'll treat you after they get paid fr a new chair.

exactly ive dealt with them they suck
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Let's hope they don't start making cars.

I like their chairs although working on them is a hassle. Tech guys are basically lazy, waiting for next paycheck verses being involved (where paychecks seem to come quicker).

Corpus 2G wire routing is crazy, 3G is a little better but I hate the armrests.

I was given a C350 3G w/74 miles like damn new perfect. I can't sell a gift so looking to regift it. I haven't tried my dongle on it yet, will soon as it steers too fast/twitchy. Unsafe as it is now, probably why the low use. I can imagine the PO who died, living longer/happier if his first and only chair had functioned properly or suited his needs better.

2G and 3G seating modules interfaces with main control module. With that in mind, my dongle may only work with 3G. I'll know soon.

Side note; when I go for new chair soon, I will go by bus so I can take my clapped out C300 chair with perfect programming. I will ask tech to duplicate it's program to the new F3. I'll see how far that goes. If i hit a dead end, I'll be an ass, DEMAND his boss, DEMAND it's programmed right while reminding them I am the boss, they are just my employee's.
    Because insurance is the direct payer, they look at it like we are getting something for free and should be grateful. WRONG attitude with me. I might get lucky again and get another free dongle.
    WE MUST BE OUR OWN ADVOCATE.

Seriously, is their ANY independent DME's left?
    If so, does anyone know of any in Oklahoma, esp OKC area?
    Anyone one know the current Manufacture Rep for Permobil or which one is handling AmySystem in OKC area?
    Or if either are having their brand clinic in the OKC area? Think Permobil had one last year at one rehab center last year.
    "Thank you" in advance for any info and/or direction!