Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my new van

Nice looking van McDuff, I'm so not a blue person, but that blue Dodge came out with sure is nice hey, 1st time I've ever liked blue.I saw it on a Durango and drooled. Wish I coulda got one instead of a van, but hey different world now, I love my van too. I like the way they brought back the ol' Chrysler emblem too Oh nice mags too, sweetens her up

Nice van. I have the same van, same color and controls. But how do you use emergency brake? I have a switch on the door and its powered by electric.

Back to work finally

Paul, thx. I sure hope to...

MG, lol exact opposite. Major blue person, in the pic I'm in blue too. I actually was hoping that they had a good green(Irish don'tcha know) but what they call green really sucks. My wife has a black '99 Durango, we don't like the looks of the new one so much. Emblem; I think Braun "missed" replacing the front emblem. All the ones I saw prior to mine had a Braun Entervan emblem in place of orig. Glad they forgot. Mags; thx. I ordered them from just a pic online so I was worried what real life was gonna be. Got lucky, I like 'em a lot.

Plumber, you have good taste. How long have you used the SureGrips? Still like 'em? They're my 1st h/c's and am still getting used to them. Emergency brake; I just had that thought yesterday as I sat looking around the van. I have no way to set it. Never really use them, but you never know. Maybe I'll carry a push stick or something. Have to look into the cost of an electric option.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Originally posted by McDuff:

Paul, thx. I sure hope to...

My wife has a black '99 Durango, we don't like the looks of the new one so much.

Oh, I know hey, they freakin ruined the new ones, same as the trucks, Dodge had the nicest front-ends by far, they looked like such beasts, & what do they do change it....fools
    PS: You guys have good taste

McDuff,

I have the same van but in silver, where did you get the cool wheels and rims?

you can reach me at duffy@mdvl.net

Blog Entries
    Hey McDuff,
    That is a nice van d00d. Ya know, never thought I'd see the days of liking mini vans or baby pickups, lol.
    Don't worry about the license, if I remember correctly, you can renew by mail up to a year after expiration, no one SAID anything had changed...
    I went almost 7 years w/o driving, now I just look for excuses to cruise.

Hubby has pretty much same thing. Dodge 03 with Braun Entervan. He has the E-Z Lock to lock his chair in, I don't really like it, makes his chair heavy as hell (what's the point of having Ti-Lite?) How do you guys secure your w/c?

I usually hang the grocery bags on the back of the fron seats on those little hooks. We can fit another friend in power chair in there and the double stroller, twins and a grandma. The downfall is the spare tire in the trunk, that could be more of space for all those diapers we have to buy...

Bullrider, I worked with the dealer, they have a speed shop there. I found the wheels I wanted online from places they dealt with. The wheels are Diamo "10 Karat". Saw them at www.wheelpros.com Let me know if you want any other info.

Capn', thx. I hear ya about the "change" in mindset. It ain't a Harley but she looks alright. In Tx. you can renew your license every other time by mail, guess what? Wrong time. I went in to renew and they said I have to take a driving test to show I can drive. @#$%

Krajaxa, I almost went the same route as your hubby. I was all set to go with the EZLock(I have a Ti folding) even though the bracket was gonna add 10lbs to my chair. Went in for the final fitting, my footrests would not clear the lockbox that mounts on the floor. Guess my chair setup must be lower than normal or something. And the bolt coming down off the chair was only going to be about 1" off the ground. Blew that off and went with the transfer seat. Takes me quite a bit right now to "come/go" but it gets easier everytime. To secure my chair, I use the 2nd row seatbelt to a tiedown strap latch from below the back seat. You can just barely see it in this pic below. Man, you can pack much better than me, that's a whole lot of people and stuff in one van.

McD

McDuff, for the emergency brake on my Caravan they put an extension handle on it so I can push it down with my hand. Pictures below show it released on top, set on the bottom. I don't remember what this thingy cost, there ain't much to it. Actually I'm surprised that whoever installed your hand controls didn't suggest something like this for you. BTW, nice ride!

Hell Bruce that looks simple enough. Cool. You're right, wonder why they didn't offer me this. Have to give them some grief.

Thx, McD