Thread: Answering a cellphone with your voice

Answering a cellphone with your voice

I bought a Google Pixel 2 after reading about its voice control.
    I assumed that I could initiate calls and answer them by voice but I can't answer an incoming call without touching the screen.

Anyhow, are there any cellphones or apps that allow you to make and receive calls with your voice?

There is an app for android called Voice Access by Google that claims to do this. I have not tried it, but it is free and might be worth having a look at. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I bought a Google Pixel 2 after reading about its voice control.
    I assumed that I could initiate calls and answer them by voice but I can't answer an incoming call without touching the screen.

Anyhow, are there any cellphones or apps that allow you to make and receive calls with your voice?
    Pixel 2 has voice answer blocked sorry but some headsets like BlueAnt have it avail.

You can make out going calls by setting up Google Assistant and just say "OK Google call Aunt Mary on Speaker phone" and call begins.

Good Luck

Not a lot of help for you with an android, but the new voice control feature in Apple's IOS 13 will allow you to receive calls with your voice. Comes out sometime in September.

I downloaded Vysor which allows me to control the phone with my laptop and since I'm doing bed rest, that solves the problem aside from when I turn everything off and go to sleep.