Thread: Heel sores guidance request

Heel sores guidance request

My son bought new shoes and I think they are causing sores. I have read the forum and see different opinions. I think they are no more than stage 1 sores. The bigger one isnt blistered. The smaller one blistered but seems to have gone down. Do I use manatuka honey? Silver gel? or nothing????
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The usual approach for a stage 1 wound like that is keep the affected area clean, silver gel should help with that, and then cover it with sterile gauze pads. Put his feet or heels on a pillow at night to relieve pressure. I am no expert so this is just a suggestion from similar experiences
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

I would wear something fluffy or padded until that clears up, for sure.

Not a stage 1 if skin is broken. Stage 1 is non-balancing red, pink or light purple, and does not need a dressing. Keep all pressure off it.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Recommend purchasing shoes that are slightly bigger if you not ambulating. Make sure the shoe heel is not stiff and if so make sure it is stretched and softened. The box/front of the shoe needs to be high and wide enoug not to put pressure on your toes.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.