Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Get a free Google Mini hub

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender lady View Post
    Google has admitted they listen in on these devices, and now they Wil have 100k disabled people to track. Yes these are great devices for many just be aware of them. Who is offering this great deal! To the Reeves foundation?
    Not sure what your point is...If you only knew how a simple device like a mini can add independence to a home of someone with in our community.

Its paranoid thinking that scares off people that may not understand technology.

We have one in each room and bathroom and garage.

It allows me to turn on lights, change color and set moods, turn on and set thermostats from any room and amazing when I am sleeping and get cold and hot.

I can turn on and off TV viewing like Netflix simply with my voice and did I mention I can set my alarm system with a google mini.

If I need help I can even make a call with simple voice commands and not need a phone or cell phone close.

For fun I can listen to any kind of music, podcast or even news for the day great when I cam getting dressed in the morning.

Listen on Google we have nothing to hide!

Oh wait there is a mute button that can be turned off and on...hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Not sure what your point is...If you only knew how a simple device like a mini can add independence to a home of someone with in our community.

Its paranoid thinking that scares off people that may not understand technology.

We have one in each room and bathroom and garage.

It allows me to turn on lights, change color and set moods, turn on and set thermostats from any room and amazing when I am sleeping and get cold and hot.

I can turn on and off TV viewing like Netflix simply with my voice and did I mention I can set my alarm system with a google mini.

If I need help I can even make a call with simple voice commands and not need a phone or cell phone close.

For fun I can listen to any kind of music, podcast or even news for the day great when I cam getting dressed in the morning.

Listen on Google we have nothing to hide!

Oh wait there is a mute button that can be turned off and on...hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    This is an excellent overview of the vast benefits such a small piece of technology can have for a disabled individual. Very happy about this initiative!

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    This is an excellent overview of the vast benefits such a small piece of technology can have for a disabled individual. Very happy about this initiative!

Ordered Thursday and got an email yesterday to confirm and place an order.

Mini will be here next week for free!

Great job Google!

[/URL]

Thanks! Got one on the way.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Oh well, when something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. 2 weeks after ordering Google mini, it hasn't arrived so I checked status. It showed my order was cancelled. i didn't cancel. As the one of the first one in this forum to get a confirmed order, this seems odd. Just another disappointment to add to the Mt Fuji size pile.

Update:
    I reapplied, all went smoothly. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Gearhead; 08-12-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Oh well, when something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. 2 weeks after ordering Google mini, it hasn't arrived so I checked status. It showed my order was cancelled. i didn't cancel. As the one of the first one in this forum to get a confirmed order, this seems odd. Just another disappointment to add to the Mt Fuji size pile.

Update:
    I reapplied, all went smoothly. We'll see what happens.
    Same thing happened to me. Checked my order status and it said cancelled. I reached out to them and they said to contact the foundation and I said you were the one that cancelled it. Has anyone received theirs?

Mine was cancelled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    Mine was cancelled too.
    Something smells fishy. I wonder did the foundation pay for them or did google donate them.

Mine arrived after 4 or 5 days. Works great

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    Mine was cancelled too.
    Today is the last day of the offer. Yesterday I emailed the address at the Reeve Foundation shown for this promotion because we had a mix-up and lost the link to claim an approved device. They responded and the link and code offered completed the process. Try that if there is time.

Incidentally, the devices were all donated by Google.