View Poll Results: Which tech do you prefer?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adaptive Technology

0 0%
  • Self-Driving Vans

2 100.00%

Thread: POLL: Adaptive Technology vs. Self-Driving Vans

Question POLL: Adaptive Technology vs. Self-Driving Vans

Self-driving vehicles have been in the news a lot lately, with many automakers setting goals to have some sort of autonomous tech within their lineups in the near future. But what about self-driving wheelchair vans?

The technology has been around for quite some time, but the recent spike in interest and research has a lot of people wondering if self-driving vans will replace vehicles with adaptive technology. Overall, this new tech is going to effect the auto industry in one way or another, with Forbes suggesting drivers young and old will adapt to driverless tech because of how helpful it is. However, most research does not include stats on individuals with disabilities or how it could assist them.

Transportation is a major concern for individuals with disabilities and it affects their lives immensely if they are unable to travel to school, work, or wherever else they want or need to go. Adaptive technology is great for those who are able to utilize it, but self-driving vehicles could assist people with physical or developmental and intellectual disabilities.

While the future of autonomous technology within handicapped vans is not completely clear, it?ll be interesting to see how automakers adapt to this portion of the industry. Many factors ? including price, safety, and demand ? will determine how quickly, if at all, this technology is introduced.

This begs the question: Which do you prefer? Do you want to stay in command with adaptive technology assisting you behind the wheel? Or would it make your life easier if a self-driving van took care of everything?

As a wheelchair user I find that traveling with the right vehicle really helps me enjoy my vacation more. At first, traveling for vacations was physically inconvenient and tended to ruin the vacation itself, but once I got a good Rollx converted wheelchair van it allowed me to focus more on the things that I wanted to do.

Coming prepared was also a big plus. Obviously you want all the basics like clothing and bathroom products, but some other things I’ve found useful included the reservation numbers for the planned activities, any tools or items I might need for minor wheelchair repairs (including a spare tire), and a map.

I know a map is very old-school, but when I travel for vacation I like to get my head into vacation-mode. So while I could just rely on my phone to guide me around (speaking of which, don’t forget a phone charger), it’s a lot more fun to just use a physical map. It helps me get a better sense of where I am and find places I might want to visit (topographically, some places just look interesting), not to mention that it’s handy in case I don’t get any reception on my phone.
    In any case, there’s definitely nothing wrong with a four-day vacation. I’d say some of my best camping trips have lasted just two nights. But if you’re getting bored just four days into a longer vacation, that might be a sign that you haven’t planned things ahead and you’ve run out of ideas for what to do. Before I travel I like to make a list of all the best wheelchair-accessible attractions in the area I’m visiting, which gives me a lot of options when I’m there, and I already know ahead of time that I’m not going to have any trouble getting around.

Oh, and one last thing: Wanting to take a break from the vacation itself is not strange. It’s not like you have to be active and engaged at every place you travel. Vacation should be about taking time to enjoy yourself and being comfortable, whatever that entails. If you have to force yourself to enjoy the vacation, it’s not really a vacation.

So if you’re traveling and socializing and you suddenly want to retreat back home (which is even totally expected if you’re an introvert), it’s helpful to have a consistent place where you can get away from everything for a while. For me that’s my Rollx van, just because the customization options have allowed me to make it so roomy and comfortable that it makes it easy to take time out from everything else going on and just chill.

I would highly recommend Rollx Vans for buying a converted van. They sell both new and used. In my experience they have great customer service and competitive prices too. They have more customization options than anywhere else I’ve looked, so it was really easy to get one with all of the features and room I needed.

Plus, on the off chance they don’t have a vehicle in stock with everything you want, Rollx will work directly with car manufacturers to get you one that does.

And if you’re leaning toward a Chrysler or a Dodge like you said, you can get a really cool-looking wheelchair ramp van conversion with hood scoops, racing stripes and all that stuff. So you even get exterior customization options as well, if you’re into those.

Either way, I definitely recommend Rollx.