Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I get stimulite type cushion material?

2x4x1" StImulite sheet cost me 276.00 cdn. dollars. I replaced the foam in my matrix elite back with it. It was the smallest size I could buy.

thats a great idea. my agility back needs foam replaced, i'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by swannyriver View Post
    2x4x1" StImulite sheet cost me 276.00 cdn. dollars. I replaced the foam in my matrix elite back with it. It was the smallest size I could buy.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    The solid backs I've had in the past were uncomfortable. They only fit me in one position so that if I were to slide my ass forward and lean back I suddenly had no back support except for the top of the plastic back digging into my spine. Also they tend to look pretty ugly, add a significant amount of bulk and make folding the wheelchair back more difficult (though to be fair I very rarely fold my back down).
    I just switched from an ADI carbon to a Matrx MX2 carbon back. I have to slide forward like you described a lot since I have no trunk control. The padding on the Matrx is really thick at the top and the carbon shell is flexible unlike the ADI. So it bends when I lean to the sides, etc. I got a 16" wide back for my 15" chair and it still folds. If you can go with carbon, I think they look really good actually. I also spaced mine out 1/2" from the posts as you can see in the pic to help me sit up a little straighter since I don't slide in my cushion (Ride Java).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Breathable and washable it works great.No more stinky foam that turns black from sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    thats a great idea. my agility back needs foam replaced, i'll try that.

for sure, i love supracor been on their cushions for 20+ years, used their sling backs to all great products
    Quote Originally Posted by swannyriver View Post
    Breathable and washable it works great.No more stinky foam that turns black from sweat.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I have a solid back and Ride Custom cushion. Both enable a fixed position, which has some benefits and some drawbacks. Of course, the benefit is better posture. But the drawback is reduced range of motion in the hips and spine. I have this idea that greater range of motion in my hips and spine will improve the range of motion in my shoulders, which I need badly. We'll see.
    Weighing range of motion against almost inevitable paralytic scoliosis. Ah, the joys of SCI.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.