Thread: man...not again

man...not again

I originally pm'rd this to sci nurse but thought i'd put it out here.

I am getting concerned and would like some advice. I tend to freak out and over compensate. About 4 months ago I quit taking 25mcu fentynol patches (I staged it over about 6 months) I also cut my 10mg norcos from 4 a day to 3 a day, consistently. Its been over a month at only 3 norcos/day and 5 months no fentynol, I also eat very well. Vegetable soup.

I started pooping normally, no stimulation or anything. A couple times over the last month I wouldn't BM so I used magic bullets for a day or two and normal BM would start again. Its been 4 days since last BM. I've tried magic bullets every morning with digital stimulation to no avail. I?m getting concerned. I have an Maddak Bathroom Anus Stimulator and it dosent get any poop on it when I use it. Normally there's a lot.

I'm getting very concerned wonder if there's a blockage up higher. Sometimes I lay around a lot.
    I called primary care doctor and he will make a referral to gastrointestinal doctor
    thanks.

In the past, while on 25mcg fentynol, I tried:
    relistor
    movantic
    liness
    they didn't work past a day or 2, but I was on fentynol.

plus all the over the counter stuff

I hope this makes sense. I have a tendency to over react and take too much medicine. I don't want to do that.
    I shall await your comment.

Every time I eat anything I get AD real bad. Really don't want to go to ER. Did that a few years ago and after an xray they told me to go home and take some magnesium citrate.

Today's my 65th birthday. Everybody will try to feed me.

thanks
    uurrggg
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

nothing to add but happy birthday

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    nothing to add but happy birthday
    tks... Yep, I need to buck up and find a gastroenterologist
    tom

You may be getting AD when you eat because the food can't go anywhere. Any irritation of pressure can cause AD- even more reason to empty out and get on aroutine schedule. There is medication for Opioid induced constipation with the neurogenic SCI component.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You may be getting AD when you eat because the food can't go anywhere. Any irritation of pressure can cause AD- even more reason to empty out and get on aroutine schedule. There is medication for Opioid induced constipation with the neurogenic SCI component.
    CWO
    by "There is medication for Opioid induced constipation with the neurogenic SCI component" are you referring to
    relistor
    movantic
    liness
    tom

I'll see GI tomorrow
    tom

Please keep us posted. Good luck!

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.