Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Where is the place to get Vetericyn these days?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    220

    Where is the place to get Vetericyn these days?

    Was getting a pretty good price on Amazon on automatic shipment, but it's no longer available.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    Was getting a pretty good price on Amazon on automatic shipment, but it's no longer available.
    I'm seeing about 10 offers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...v_style_name=0) for 16 ounce Vetericyn Plus All Animal Wound and Skin Care, ranging from $29.99 to $44.65 most with free shipping.

    I prefer MicrocynAH Wound and Skin Care. Amazon has this product for $22.95, subscription ordering (save up to 5%) and free shipping over $25.00 purchase or free with Prime. Not a bad deal.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I'm seeing about 10 offers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...v_style_name=0) for 16 ounce Vetericyn Plus All Animal Wound and Skin Care, ranging from $29.99 to $44.65 most with free shipping.

    I prefer MicrocynAH Wound and Skin Care. Amazon has this product for $22.95, subscription ordering (save up to 5%) and free shipping over $25.00 purchase or free with Prime. Not a bad deal.
    thanks! I was getting the product on subscription 15 % off, for around $22. That stopped in June, as they discontinued it in my monthly subscribe save. I completely forgot about Microcynah? Is that still 12% hypochlorous acid?
    Thanks again!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    thanks! I was getting the product on subscription 15 % off, for around $22. That stopped in June, as they discontinued it in my monthly subscribe save. I completely forgot about Microcynah? Is that still 12% hypochlorous acid?
    Thanks again!
    Can't say I know the % of hpochlorous acid in MicrocynAH wound and skin spray. Lately, I have been using MicrocynAH Pink Eye formulation at full strength. Usually, I have had to dilute MicrocynAH Wound and Skin with a little sterile saline, because I tend to have a sensitivity that allows me to only retain these products for about 5 minutes. The Pink Eye forumulation seems to be less harsh...albeit it is more expensive.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Can't say I know the % of hpochlorous acid in MicrocynAH wound and skin spray. Lately, I have been using MicrocynAH Pink Eye formulation at full strength. Usually, I have had to dilute MicrocynAH Wound and Skin with a little sterile saline, because I tend to have a sensitivity that allows me to only retain these products for about 5 minutes. The Pink Eye forumulation seems to be less harsh...albeit it is more expensive.
    I have been using these products for many years since Leila (Suzanne), 1st started posting regarding them. I haven't kept up on the exact breakdowns of ingredients. But had some time today and the best I can tell the Microcynah has 9% hypochlorous acid, which is the active ingredient against microorganisms. Vetericyn is slightly stronger with 12%, and the VF formula is 15%. The exact ingredients are as follows,
    Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) 0.012%, Electrolyzed Water (H20) 99.916%, Sodium Chloride (NaCl) 0.031%, Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) 0.001%, Phosphates 0.040%
    the makers of Vet also make a product called Pureacyn made in the same facility, with the exact same ingredients, that can be had slightly cheaper.
    Thanks again

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    I have been using these products for many years since Leila (Suzanne), 1st started posting regarding them. I haven't kept up on the exact breakdowns of ingredients. But had some time today and the best I can tell the Microcynah has 9% hypochlorous acid, which is the active ingredient against microorganisms. Vetericyn is slightly stronger with 12%, and the VF formula is 15%. The exact ingredients are as follows,
    Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) 0.012%, Electrolyzed Water (H20) 99.916%, Sodium Chloride (NaCl) 0.031%, Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) 0.001%, Phosphates 0.040%
    the makers of Vet also make a product called Pureacyn made in the same facility, with the exact same ingredients, that can be had slightly cheaper.
    Thanks again
    Think you mean that MicrocynAH has .009% hypochlorous acid.

    MicrocynAH Wound and Skin Spray has .009% hypochlouous acid. MicrocynAH Pink Eye Spray has .009% hypochlorous acid and .001% Sodium Hypochlorite which is a buffer.

    I am one of those people who have to dilute these products with saline and I can only retain them for about 5 minutes. So the .009% works great for me.

    Just for clarity...Vetericyn is not made by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Think you mean that MicrocynAH has .009% hypochlorous acid.

    MicrocynAH Wound and Skin Spray has .009% hypochlouous acid. MicrocynAH Pink Eye Spray has .009% hypochlorous acid and .001% Sodium Hypochlorite which is a buffer.

    I am one of those people who have to dilute these products with saline and I can only retain them for about 5 minutes. So the .009% works great for me.

    Just for clarity...Vetericyn is not made by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences.
    I have a resistant Pseudomonas infection, and fortunately I'm not insensitive as some people, I can tolerate a higher percentage, and generally keep 50 mL in my bladder for one hour twice a day. You are correct, Vetericyn is made by Innovacyn in California. They were legally licensed By Oculus to make the product in 2008 for animals. Their contract was not renewed, and they slightly altered the product and continued under that name. If you want the original formula by oculus that is Microcyn ah. That said, I have had the beneficial results with Vetericyn and it does come at a stronger percentage of the active ingredient. For me that is an issue trying to eradicate the Pseudomonas I have. All the best!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    I have a resistant Pseudomonas infection, and fortunately I'm not insensitive as some people, I can tolerate a higher percentage, and generally keep 50 mL in my bladder for one hour twice a day. You are correct, Vetericyn is made by Innovacyn in California. They were legally licensed By Oculus to make the product in 2008 for animals. Their contract was not renewed, and they slightly altered the product and continued under that name. If you want the original formula by oculus that is Microcyn ah. That said, I have had the beneficial results with Vetericyn and it does come at a stronger percentage of the active ingredient. For me that is an issue trying to eradicate the Pseudomonas I have. All the best!
    In our world of trying to find what works for anyone of us as an individual, you have to go with whatever rocks your boat. Best on you.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-18-2019 at 06:59 PM.

  9. #9

    Question Newbie looking for any suggestions.

    Not sure if this is where this goes, but I'm looking for answers ? Everything appears to be under reply? New to this. Please excuse mistakes! Thank God for this thread! I have been reading various threads/posts for months when I get a minute seeking knowledge! I believe this is the most recent thread?

    Hubs is 80. Was told in 2016 that he had MRSA and Pseudomonas colonized. Became non-ambulatory when hospitalized with septic MRSA 12/2016, care center for skilled 1/2017, back to hospital with new episode of MRSA 2/2017. Brought home March 2017. They told me he would live 3 months. Multiple UTI's/hospitalizations. Finally, suprapubic surgery 7/2017. (After trial and error, change every 2 weeks is what is done.) UTI again 9/2017 and 11/2017. Started Macrobid 11/2017 as prophylactic. I can tell when he has a UTI because of behaviors -- aggressive, not eating, not drinking, urinate out penis and altered mental state. Rarely he has spasms. He does NOT run a fever and his white count does not raise in his blood. (It does raise in his urine).

    He remained out of the hospital until 4/17/2019 when pseudomonas grew in his urine. Treated with IV antibiotics. (They couldn't believe he was still alive -- almost 2 years out of hospital!) Home 4/28/2019. Back in 5/10/2019 with fungus in urine. Treated with anti-fungal. Home 5/17/2019. Altered mental state continued. Another UA done on 5/25/2019 when urine turned to blood. Pseudomonas. Lab acknowledges was probably there in May, but masked by fungus. Treated at home with 14 days Cipro. Still there. Supposedly susceptible to Levaquin. Just concluded 10 days of that. New UA to be taken Monday. My bet is on the pseudomonas. Wanting to try this regimen of the now MannaPro or Theracyn on him. Should I wait until UA done on Monday? If still pseudomonas, I believe they will hospitalize again. Hospital is diagnosing altered mental state to vascular dementia, but immediately following antibiotic, brain is much clearer. Being in the hospital just adds to the confusion and exposes him to other infections. I really want to try and get this addressed outside on a long-term basis, but may have to do in-patient once more. Doc is at her wits end. I showed her some print outs from this board and she said order it if I want and she would just document it. She has no experience with it. So any recommendations? I am a Prime member so will look there. My home health will not provide supplies, so is there a list of supplies I need and I will order those as well. Thank you!

    Denise

  10. #10
    Where does Hydrocleanse from oculus fit in? Is it the same as microcin or vetericyn?

Similar Threads

  1. need Vetericyn help
    By dewie27 in forum Care
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
  2. Me and vetericyn
    By dewie27 in forum Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:36 PM
  3. About Carrying MRSA From Place to Place
    By betheny in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2001, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •