Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: riding

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    So much rain and heat and humidity here that I've not been outside in two months or so. That said, I have been using my Krankcycle and my racing bike gets here next week just in time for my first criterium of the year. Then I'm doing the Air Force Marathon in September. I need to move to a better climate.
    come on down we cn drink tea and fuss about politics while we ride bike my son live 30 min from Columbus he said hot humid

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I don't cycle, but NL and I go for walks in our neighborhood and the scenery is pretty lovely. Here are a couple pics from our walks in April, after our winter/spring rains. Beautiful in spring, but now in summer these hills are golden brown.

Just as an aside, you've probably heard that California is nicknamed the Golden State. I guess the most appropriate reason for that is the Gold Rush years of 1849 to 1855. Some say it is because of the fields of California poppies that bloom in the spring after abundant winter rains. Or, it may have more to do with the dry, golden grasses that cover the hills and open fields in summer through early winter with our rainy season begins.
    no pictures but would like some I love calif when I lived there but that was 1970 thru 1975 los alimitios and bay meadows

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    im on everything, tons of wildlife here too
    ok need pictures

nice scenery GJ!

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    no pictures but would like some I love calif when I lived there but that was 1970 thru 1975 los alimitios and bay meadows
    Sorry, pictures posted now...was having trouble with sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I don't cycle, but NL and I go for walks in our neighborhood and the scenery is pretty lovely. Here are a couple pics from our walks in April, after our winter/spring rains. Beautiful in spring, but now in summer these hills are golden brown.

Just as an aside, you've probably heard that California is nicknamed the Golden State. I guess the most appropriate reason for that is the Gold Rush years of 1849 to 1855. Some say it is because of the fields of California poppies that bloom in the spring after abundant winter rains. Or, it may have more to do with the dry, golden grasses that cover the hills and open fields in summer through early winter when our rainy season begins.
    beautiful I loved calif when I was there half moon bay high desert victorville

to tire to ride Tuesday up most night drove to tally dr office then home just whipped wed it rained ;iquid sunshine Thursday 8miles this am lovely out headed back out this pm got a depression 100 miles out in gulf tha has us in site so lots of rain this weekend

I have a Freedom Ryder and 98% on bike trails. Average ride is ~23 miles. I've done one race with another Sunday and my race bike should be here today or tomorrow...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

sounds like you enjoy riding, Mize! did you buy a Force?

No, I confess I just said screw it and went for a Carbonbike with etap and a Quarq power meter. Too bad neither of the Quarq power meters I already have are suitable (standard 53/39 rings and the larger BCD so no way to go much smaller). Should shave nearly 20# off the Freedom Ryder and it's a more horizontal position which I'm hoping will save my back a bit as the upright position of the Freedom Ryder is pretty rough on me.

The bike is here (well, at home and I'm at work...) and there appears to be much assembly work to be done.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.