Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Springs

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    That will only get worse at EVs get more popular.

Most of the time we take the end spot and leave the WC spot for someone else.

ADA only has to have a % to the total lots spaces.
    We've all seen Handicap parking abuse (healthy grandchild using grandma's car with placard or tag). Unless it's a government building/parking, police will not do anything. I called them once. They told me management would have to report it.

If not in compliance with ADA regs file formal complaint with management citing the regs. If unresponsive, then file a DOJ ADA complaint. The ADA is only enforced through this process of those whose rights are violated advocating for themselves and others.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I use this app if I see someone illegally using an accessible space. https://www.parkingmobility.com/about

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If not in compliance with ADA regs file formal complaint with management citing the regs. If unresponsive, then file a DOJ ADA complaint. The ADA is only enforced through this process of those whose rights are violated advocating for themselves and others.

(KLD)
    This!

Hack: Just some thoughts not directed at you but our community.

As a side note...lots being full is 100% different then someone parking illegally.

I have said this before..being disabled is not a get out of jail card and we get to go to the front of the line.

Not to minimize the issue but I see so many people with in our community get so fired up on parking.

We can not control what people do and we also make assumptions on what level of disability people have to have in our eyes to park on wc spots.

So many times we assume because its someone young and able to walk and no mobility we get fired up and assume its someone else card!

FYI I use to have the most killer sports car and it even had a vanity plate that said zoom and I cant tell you how many times people old and young would be at my door wanting to kick my ass for parking there.

At the time my disability didn't show as much and while sitting in the car it didn't show.

Once I open the door and struggled to get out it was more apparent but still had people make there nasty comments, throw drink at me or my car and want to start fights over me parking in wc spots.

Those of us with mobility does it really matter if we park close or at the end of a row?

Try taking to spots at the end and put your Packard up have never had an issue or a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Hack: Just some thoughts not directed at you but our community.

As a side note...lots being full is 100% different then someone parking illegally.

I have said this before..being disabled is not a get out of jail card and we get to go to the front of the line.

Not to minimize the issue but I see so many people with in our community get so fired up on parking.

We can not control what people do and we also make assumptions on what level of disability people have to have in our eyes to park on wc spots.

So many times we assume because its someone young and able to walk and no mobility we get fired up and assume its someone else card!

FYI I use to have the most killer sports car and it even had a vanity plate that said zoom and I cant tell you how many times people old and young would be at my door wanting to kick my ass for parking there.

At the time my disability didn't show as much and while sitting in the car it didn't show.

Once I open the door and struggled to get out it was more apparent but still had people make there nasty comments, throw drink at me or my car and want to start fights over me parking in wc spots.

Those of us with mobility does it really matter if we park close or at the end of a row?

Try taking to spots at the end and put your Packard up have never had an issue or a ticket.
    I understand what you are saying and I know there are people that look like they are 100% able bodied but they have a disability. I would never question anyone about that. My problem is with people who don't have a placard and they feel like they have a right to park in an accessible space or the unload section. I will not hesitate to use that app on them. We always find a way to park in the end. I don't know if you saw this when I posted it. My wife did it for a college project. Also look at the last post. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...1430-PSA-Video

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

My neighbor says she plans to appeal a $450.00 fine she got at Costco for parking "just a little into the white lines" of the HC stalls. I didn't know Costco cared.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Someone will correct me but those spaces are enforced by local law enforcement.
    I've called the cops on spots in private lots before and the police have given tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    My neighbor says she plans to appeal a $450.00 fine she got at Costco for parking "just a little into the white lines" of the HC stalls. I didn't know Costco cared.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Someone will correct me but those spaces are enforced by local law enforcement.
    I've called the cops on spots in private lots before and the police have given tickets.
    I read here that people have called the cops only to be told they won't respond unless the property owner calls. But it might depend on the state. I do not know Washington State's enforcement policy. The Costco she got ticketed at is in Seattle, a very busy store. I have been warned with a notice on my windshield by a Home Depot employee in Seattle for parking in a HC slot without displaying a HC placard. So I assumed Costco called it in.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.