Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Springs

Disney Springs

My wife and I went to Disney Springs last night and were shocked to see more electric car spaces than handicap spaces (3 to 1). The handicap space in the picture wasn't available so we were lucky enough to grab a end space so no one could park next to us. If you look close in the empty electric car space you can see where they removed the handicap logo on the ground. Pretty messed up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Our local Whole Foods Market has the same deal. There must be 8 electric car recharge parking spaces and only 3 handicapped spaces. What is up with that?!?!?!

The ADA regs have a minimum number of handicapped spaces required based on the total number of spaces in the lot. You may want to get that info for these locations to see if they are in compliance.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Disney Springs is TERRIBLE for handicap parking. Just plain terrible. Looks like you had to go to the top floor, right? Everything else was taken?
    I'm so tired of handicap parking being there becasue it's wheelchair accessible, but maybe 15% of the people parking are using chairs.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Did a little research and found some interesting things. First the Lime Garage has around 2,000 parking spaces which means there should be around 30 accessible parking spaces. https://adata.org/factsheet/parking. I seriously doubt there are 30 accessible parking spaces in the Lime Garage. I might have to head back over and do some counting. Second this article https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ey-springs.htm says when the Lime Garage opened it had two electric car spaces. Now it has three after taking one of the accessible parking spaces. When did electric car charging become more important than accessible parking?

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Disney Springs is TERRIBLE for handicap parking. Just plain terrible. Looks like you had to go to the top floor, right? Everything else was taken?
    I'm so tired of handicap parking being there becasue it's wheelchair accessible, but maybe 15% of the people parking are using chairs.
    You are correct. We had to park on the top floor. It's ridiculous! It's Disney so I don't think they care about disabled people. Sad but true!

Shit, locally there's a small mall & Lowes. Suddenly they've got a new category of desirable spaces tagged "veterans"
    WTF?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

That will only get worse at EVs get more popular.

Most of the time we take the end spot and leave the WC spot for someone else.

ADA only has to have a % to the total lots spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Most of the time we take the end spot and leave the WC spot for someone else.
    How frequently do you find that convenient "end spot?" Not often in my experience.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-16-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Shit, locally there's a small mall & Lowes. Suddenly they've got a new category of desirable spaces tagged "veterans"
    WTF?
    Same with my local Lowes. 6-8 vet parking at front door. Handicap parking has been reduced and relocated far from front door at the outdoor/plants end of building.
    Sucks because I could walk to their elec carts when I had someone with me (some times solo when I felt brave). Difficult and wobbly as hell but I did it for the exercise and challenge.
    They removed that option for me.