Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fold out ramp hitting another car

Thanks SR. I just saw that I hadn't replied to your email. It must have got buried these last few days. Will get to it. Sorry bout that. Things have been pretty crazy round here.
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 07-13-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Please update on how you like the Pacifica when you have it. I'm really considering one in the next month or so. If the headroom is sufficient, I'd really like to get a model with the moonroof. I love how huge it is and how it extends way back to the third row seating! And, in general, I just prefer the overall styling of the Pacifica more than the Odyssey and Sienna.

Will do Tarantella. The moonroofs only come on the Limited models I believe. I didn't go with one due to all the extra tidbits I'll never use. I don't think I'll ever use two dvd players in the back etc.

The Pacifica has the most updated models. I heard the 2018, '19 and '20 will be the same. It's why I went with a new 2018 I found on the local Chrysler lot and sent it to Braun. Still a little ticked about that. But it is what it is. I sure hope they did a good job recovering the seats with leather. Will find out Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    Please update on how you like the Pacifica when you have it. I'm really considering one in the next month or so. If the headroom is sufficient, I'd really like to get a model with the moonroof. I love how huge it is and how it extends way back to the third row seating! And, in general, I just prefer the overall styling of the Pacifica more than the Odyssey and Sienna.
    I know generally the moonroof reduces headroom by a couple of inches, so if headroom is an issue, you might want to rethink that. Plus, it's just one more mechanical piece that could leak/have issue. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I know generally the moonroof reduces headroom by a couple of inches, so if headroom is an issue, you might want to rethink that. Plus, it's just one more mechanical piece that could leak/have issue. Just my opinion.
    Yes, I've read that it reduces head room by a couple inches. I'm going to see one in person this coming week, so I'll find out firsthand how much headroom I'll have to deal with. The model I'll see won't have the moonroof, so I'll have to see how I fit. If there's a lot of space, I'll consider the moonroof. But I'm really not that hopeful that there will be a lot of headroom with me driving from the wheelchair. I'd really like to do that just to cut down on transfers and have the open space in the middle. But of course I'll also have to consider using a 6 way base and transferring into the factory seat.

Saw a Pacifica in person today. I really liked it a lot. Very roomy inside and I was impressed with the headroom. I had 3.5 inches from the top of my head to the ceiling. But I think I'm going to opt out of the moonroof. Feel like that would make it just too tight. I'm still considering a Toyota but at this point I lean very heavily towards the Pacifica.

I picked the van up Monday, clean, waxed and a tankful of gas. Big difference between a 13" and 10". We drove home in a loaner Dodge with 13 and definitely one wasn't for me. I got the 2019 Touring P with custom leather.https://www.absolutemobilitycenter.c...e-wa/35135913/ . It was the only 10" he had in stock. It had the same S package the previous one was but with cloth. I went with the Touring L because I wanted leather and it was a good deal. The one I got is like i would've ordered if had leather. So best of both worlds. He had 50 13" drops and one 10". Someone may have screwed up and ordered a 10" drop when they wanted a 13. Or just out of them.

The fold out is extremely quiet. It's almost surreal going over my bumpy country road. So far no challenges with the ramp space. It has a smaller steering wheel than my 2000 with the steering being very positive. There is much more room in the back than others checked out. I'm liking it more and more. There's plenty of room behind the rear seat for storage. I don't like not having a spare. There is an option for one.
    Something that's going to take getting used to are the extra steps needed to transfer to the seat. It's just getting used to a new transfer. If anything, getting the high quality leather he had done, it was worth it. I understand the old one may already be sold. It was a loaded one for sure. I like the Pacifica, Braun did a clean job on the interior and mechanics. There is more room in the back. I'll miss the simplicity of the 2000 but won't for long.

Conversing with rep who brokered the deal, the 10" is available in foldout version only... for now. It seems the conversion dealers are pushing the 12-14" drops.

Nice looking van.

nice lookingride my friend
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I was curious to see what good fortune has come your way Patrick.
    However, I was unable to open the link. Are you able to post some images?
    Congratulations on a satisfactory result

Error 1009 -The owner of this website (www.absolutemobilitycenter.com) has banned the country or region from accessing this website.

Last edited by slow_runner; 07-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.