Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fold out ramp hitting another car

Woo boy, here we go. if I had known of these issues. I may have gone Toyota. Probably not. The van has 81 computers plus whatever ones Braun installed. I think I'll hold onto my old one for a while. I loved the simpicity compared to the new one. If it was a bit higher I wouldn't have bought a new on.

That was an interesting read McDuff thanks. I'll bring that up at the appt. The 2018 had an ignition challenge also. They replaced the wiring harness.

Boy this has not been my week. First the fairly new ZX1 actuator stopped working. It's covered undr warranty but still... Now this popping up. Well if that's the worst thing to happen, I'm doing okay.

On a somehow related subject: ditched the R350 diesel MB which I made a lift for my ZX1 in.
    Got a 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country which doesn't favor a lift, so I ordered a $200 6' 33lb folding ramp (discountramps.com) which I'm happy to report, does the trick.
    We can even load it with the chair attached-cool!

I'm in process, making electronic throttle hand controls. I got a pedal position sensor/sender, but incredibly, Volvo is unable to apply the electrical plug &/or harness! Not available yet but they've used this plug since 2016 on all 2L fours! And, apparently, these cars don't make it into junkyards yet.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Woo boy, here we go. if I had known of these issues. I may have gone Toyota. Probably not. The van has 81 computers plus whatever ones Braun installed. I think I'll hold onto my old one for a while. I loved the simpicity compared to the new one. If it was a bit higher I wouldn't have bought a new on.

That was an interesting read McDuff thanks. I'll bring that up at the appt. The 2018 had an ignition challenge also. They replaced the wiring harness.

Boy this has not been my week. First the fairly new ZX1 actuator stopped working. It's covered undr warranty but still... Now this popping up. Well if that's the worst thing to happen, I'm doing okay.
    Is this happening to stock Pacificas or modified ones?

Reading McDuff's post on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.

Going to McDuff's suggestion on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    On a somehow related subject: ditched the R350 diesel MB which I made a lift for my ZX1 in.
    Got a 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country which doesn't favor a lift, so I ordered a $200 6' 33lb folding ramp (discountramps.com) which I'm happy to report, does the trick.
    We can even load it with the chair attached-cool!

I'm in process, making electronic throttle hand controls. I got a pedal position sensor/sender, but incredibly, Volvo is unable to apply the electrical plug &/or harness! Not available yet but they've used this plug since 2016 on all 2L fours! And, apparently, these cars don't make it into junkyards yet.
    Where does the ramp stowaway once your chair is in the car?

Reading McDuff's post on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.
    Well as much as I wanted a Pacifica I might stick with the Sienna. Are the 2019s having the same issues? Of course the 2020s are just coming out so there probably isn't that much info on it yet.

Going to McDuff's suggestion on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.
    Maybe the harness swap was an upgrade and will solve it. Once known the system is working to keep the batteries charged, I would turn the ESS off and save my starter motor.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I sure hope so. My confidence in the new fangled autos and power assists is not too high right now. Good idea to turn it off. I don't like it anyway.

our new (2018) Volvo,we can start with cell phone!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ