Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: not plugged

well urine test say no uti which is great but this am I get up I am leaking from uretha . get coffee and its really going now but my night bag is over 1000cc Malissa get here we go to bath and dam if cath
    is almost plugged up get it un clogged just a small piece came out . we flushed several time flowing very freely

this cathe was put in sunday night what do I do

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    well urine test say no uti which is great but this am I get up I am leaking from uretha . get coffee and its really going now but my night bag is over 1000cc Malissa get here we go to bath and dam if cath
    is almost plugged up get it un clogged just a small piece came out . we flushed several time flowing very freely

this cathe was put in sunday night what do I do
    The only other thing I can think of is the regularity of flushing the catheter. If I am reading what you do correctly, I have the impression that you flush the catheter only when you think the catheter may be clogged. Maybe if you make it routine to flush the catheter a couple times a day, before you go to sleep and then again before you get up in the morning, it may keep the catheter from clogging up.

Have you thought about wearing protective underwear?

Sorry I don't have a solution for you. I can only imagine how frustrating and disruptive this is. Hope you catch a break before your scheduled trip in August.

this just started flushing after getting stones out . we flush every morning , except weekends I got my sis or a friend to at least 1 time on weekend as no caregiver. I don/t have anyone that can

regularly at night or evening I live rural. underwear no as I already have a tough time getting undress when wet I do have a protective covering I put on bed feeling frustrated looking really hard at that procedure

mitrofanoff is looking mighty good
    Last edited by vjls; 07-12-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: august

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    mitrofanoff is looking mighty good
    Yes, I absolutely understand about the mitrofanoff procedure and how that may look like the next best option. That said, are you physically capable of cathing the Mitrofanoff several times a day?

I think you need to find a good neurourologist to help you with this decision. That said, I understand you live in a rural community, but can you get to a larger city and a doctor who is practiced and expert to help you? I would hate to see you get this procedure from a doctor that is just not familiar with or understanding of your particular situation.

good morning yes I live 1 hr from Tallahassee plus a good friend of mine works for merck top in her field nationwide she just got my sis husband in to see top heart dr here and .

I don/t know about catheing I think so but I am sure they will test me to find out
    I am c6c7 have really pretty good dexterity , pinch ….. I ask my dr Tuesday when I was there about that they don/t they refer everyone I forgot name but he does them . I ask a friend to come over this am to irrigate then I am going bike riding but I am flowing freely

I felt I was plugging up last night my friend stopped by going home flushed it was a little hard going in the was easy she when pulling it back how a long thing white stringey thing came out and that was it
    flowed good all night 2000cc when I got up

thank you

Keep in mind that your bladder is most likely of very small capacity since you have been using an indwelling catheter for some time. The would most likely require an augmentation in addition to the Mitroffanof, and is a much bigger surgery. Without it would most likely still leak through your urethra with any bladder spasm.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I don't have any good tips, but I just wanted to send my sympathy. I have been dealing with catheter clogging issues for the last two years after 15 years of nearly trouble-free suprapubic catheter ownership. I totally understand how stressful persistent catheter clogging can be, especially if you don't happen to have someone around 24/7 to help with changing/flushing it.

It's frustrating that urologists don't have a better understanding of sediment production either. I tried practically every recommended solution from the urologist and Google with no success. All the best, vjls.

ok dumb question flushed this am easy in coud not pull any thing back but that happen sometimes with this time of cath and I have cath syringe we flushed several time 60cc easly in but not much came out . get some drainage but I am soaked stoma dry

light headache what the heck is going on

well I was wrong plugged up eye was semi clogg put new cathe in
    Last edited by vjls; 07-14-2019 at 12:47 PM.

That's interesting that you could push in easily but not pull back out. I'm guessing that after not being able to pull out, the syringe couldn't push in anymore either?

It sounds like a large clogged that must have been floating around the bladder that pulled into the eyelet while flushing.

oh no I put another 2 more 60cc in like a dummy thinking I could flush it break something I was so wrong then I am not having a great day but so thankful I can for most part take care of me

then 2 hrs damed if I did not leak like a racehorse you can cool believ 9am on am on phone with dr office he said something about ex ray to look at see if stones still. then screw it I am get that dr name I am so gonna try that procedure

other than all that fun dang its a great day
    Last edited by vjls; 07-14-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: left out