Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: not plugged

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    gjnl

yes they are inflated correctly I use the tizandine for muscle spams to help at night as I ned that I knew what they are for been taing them s for 1o years

going to dr today 1pm

you are so good at this we appreciate it
    KLD and I are asking if you are taking one of those anticholinergics for bladder spasms that can cause leakage. So if you aren't taking something for bladder spasms, bring this up at your appointment today. Good luck!

thank you

I did and he gave me samples of myrbetrig 25m for 6 weeks then going back he alsp called gp dr as we sent a urine sample in yesterday and he wanted cultured soooooo

thank you both very much

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    thank you

I did and he gave me samples of myrbetrig 25m for 6 weeks then going back he alsp called gp dr as we sent a urine sample in yesterday and he wanted cultured soooooo

thank you both very much
    Samples are good, just know that Myrbetriq can be very expensive and there is currently no generic equivalent. So hope your insurance drug program is very rich or be prepared to try one of the others on the list that are more affordable. That said, Myrbetriq is supposed to have fewer side effects, especially the dreaded dry mouth problem. But, there are options, if Myrbetriq is just not on your insurance radar screen.

thanks I am calling them this am work is crazy but crap woke up at 2am sweating just not right dry not much urine in bag went back tp bed soaked changed clothes empty bag as 400c just went in plus soaked

so nice and dry went to sleep I overslept my caregiver game in dam if I was not soaked again even shirt but bag has 1000 cc in so off to shower and cath was almost plugged but she got it sucked out a piece of junk and I flowed freely .

so frustrated

Here are a couple more questions and things to think about.

Are you leaking from around the stoma or from the urethra? Or both?

What size Duette catheter are you using?

When you leak, how often do you find it is a result of a clogged catheter? one quarter the time, one third of the time, one half of the time etc.?

stoma is dry even this am I am peeing from uretha cathe is 18 French has been same from getgo . when I am leaking from uretha this am stoma was dry but when we went to flush irrigate it was not wanting to but she kept slowly pushing and it gave when she drew back it was 1 small piece, emptied re flushed when in easily did our normal routine nothing was in urine.

beyond frustrated but hopefully when urine come back..... I am just really ticked as no way I am flying to ohio in august for grandson birthday unless this is controlled

thank you so much for being there

Wait for your culture results. This scenario (IMO) always seems to be from a UTI!

and good luck; I know how bummed out I can get when my body refuses to cooperate.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Sometimes bladder stones are so small, just like very fine grains of sand, that they can't be detected by scans, etc. What I am trying to suggest in simple terms is that you may have a so much fine sandy stones in the bladder that they are not only clogging your supra pubic catheter but harboring bacteria that may produce spasms. Just another thing to think about when you have discussions with your urologist. The thing is, something is causing the leakage, that we just have yet to discover. I've had a supra pubic for a very long time. I don't and haven't experienced the frustration of leakage that you have. I use a Duette 16 Fr.

So lets keep trying to problem solve this for you. Let us know the results of urinalysis and culture and sensitivity to come.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Wait for your culture results. This scenario (IMO) always seems to be from a UTI!

and good luck; I know how bummed out I can get when my body refuses to cooperate.
    thank you its my grandson birthday 8/8 and I am not going unless I get this under control plus lol I am a grown woman I am supposed to be potty trained

and I have had only 2 uti the entire
    18 years

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Sometimes bladder stones are so small, just like very fine grains of sand, that they can't be detected by scans, etc. What I am trying to suggest in simple terms is that you may have a so much fine sandy stones in the bladder that they are not only clogging your supra pubic catheter but harboring bacteria that may produce spasms. Just another thing to think about when you have discussions with your urologist. The thing is, something is causing the leakage, that we just have yet to discover. I've had a supra pubic for a very long time. I don't and haven't experienced the frustration of leakage that you have. I use a Duette 16 Fr.

So lets keep trying to problem solve this for you. Let us know the results of urinalysis and culture and sensitivity to come.
    this gig sci is so much fun you all are so supportive and so knowledgable I know I was dry all day and all night loved it the little things in life like a dry butt

we do so appreciate it