Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: not plugged

not plugged

but I am peeing thru urethra intermittly I am on hold now to make a appt. with dr but last nnight too I thought I had kinked but ot

this is old

any ideas

Are you taking any anticholenergic medications? Do you have a UTI? Bladder spasm is the most likely cause of this unless your catheter is clogged.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

good afternoon had to look that, no I am uti not to my knowledge sent a sample in this am but no sythoms cathe not plugged at all . I have dr appt tomorrow

I am really tired of all this I am just thankful I can change clothes bymyelf

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    good afternoon had to look that, no I am uti not to my knowledge sent a sample in this am but no sythoms cathe not plugged at all . I have dr appt tomorrow

I am really tired of all this I am just thankful I can change clothes bymyelf
    Anticholinergic (or antispasmodic) medications for the bladder would likely be one of these prescribed in the United States

• Oxybutynin (Ditropan XL, Oxytrol)
    • Tolterodine (Detrol)
    • Darifenacin (Enablex)
    • Solifenacin (Vesicare)
    • Trospium (Santura)
    • Fesoterodine (Toviaz)
    • Mirabegron(Myrbetriq)

Analysis POC (Pending) Laboratory: In Office
    8-Jul-2019 17:03 Glucose negative
    Ketone negative
    Urine Blood trace
    pH 7.5 (Normal)
    Protein negative
    Nitrite Negative
    Leukocytes 2+
    Urobilinogen 0.2
    Specific Gravity 1.010
    Bilirubin 0

have no idea what this means I ask them to do a sensitivity on urine we shall see

This is a urinalysis, not a culture. You can't determine a UTI in someone with a SCI/D with a UA. The presence of white blood cells (leukocytes) or red blood cells (blood) in an AB person would indicate this, but not for those with a neurogenic bladder.

Are you taking any of the medications listed by gjnl above?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

none of those meds they are sending urine out for a culture like you all suggest only thing I take tizanidine 4 mg at night 1 pill that's il will know tomorrow I hope

I take a probiotics that you suggested it works great tks and a vitamin

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    none of those meds they are sending urine out for a culture like you all suggest only thing I take tizanidine 4 mg at night 1 pill that's il will know tomorrow I hope

I take a probiotics that you suggested it works great tks and a vitamin
    Tizanidine is a medication prescribed for general muscles spasms, not prescribed for BLADDER SPASMS. I think you need to ask your urologist to prescribe an anticholinergic (or antispasmodic) medication for your bladder like one of the medications below.

• Oxybutynin (Ditropan XL, Oxytrol)
    • Tolterodine (Detrol)
    • Darifenacin (Enablex)
    • Solifenacin (Vesicare)
    • Trospium (Santura)
    • Fesoterodine (Toviaz)
    • Mirabegron(Myrbetriq

These medications listed above are specifically for BLADDER SPASMS, not general muscle spasms. Many of these medications are available in generic form.

Do you have a urologist who is following your case?

There is another thing to check...if my recollection is right, I think you are using the Poiesis Duette Catheter. If my recollection is correct, you may need to check if the two balloons are inflated correctly.

When you are inflating the balloons in a Poiesis Duette Catheter:
    1. The NON BLACK (French size color coded) valve/port (Anchor Balloon) should be inflated with 10cc of either sterile water or sterile saline.
    2. The BLACK valve/port (Protection Balloon) should be inflated with 5cc of either sterile water or sterile saline.

If these valves are not inflated properly (reversed), you might experience issues with spasms, leakage, or other problems.

Alternatively, if you aren't using the Duette catheter, still check the inflation parameters for the catheter you are using.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-09-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    There is another thing to check...if my recollection is right, I think you are using the Poiesis Duette Catheter. If my recollection is correct, you may need to check if the two balloons are inflated correctly.

When you are inflating the balloons in a Poiesis Duette Catheter:
    1. The NON BLACK (French size color coded) valve/port (Anchor Balloon) should be inflated with 10cc of either sterile water or sterile saline.
    2. The BLACK valve/port (Protection Balloon) should be inflated with 5cc of either sterile water or sterile saline.

If these valves are not inflated properly (reversed), you might experience issues with spasms, leakage, or other problems.

Alternatively, if you aren't using the Duette catheter, still check the inflation parameters for the catheter you are using.
    gjnl

yes they are inflated correctly I use the tizandine for muscle spams to help at night as I ned that I knew what they are for been taing them s for 1o years

going to dr today 1pm

you are so good at this we appreciate it
    Last edited by vjls; 07-09-2019 at 10:27 AM. Reason: left out