Thread: operation manual for an Echo zone 5 computer

operation manual for an Echo zone 5 computer

A friend has donated his cycle computer to the Shadow cause.
    I have searched google without success, or maybe I am looking in the wrong places?
    It is a Echo zone 5. It may have come out when Jesus was a boy but all I need is speed and distance readings and super sophistication isnt required yet.

Does anyone have a scan or PDF of the manual they would share?

Thanks.

These things need wheel circumference measurements for accurate speed/odo readings. If your looking for the "code" to set this, tape one end of a flexible tape (like seamstress use) to outside of tire. Role wheel while keeping measuring tape taunt and centered on tire tread. When ends meet, that is your calibration code in millimeters. Of course the diameter x Pi does the same thing and is almost as accurate.
    If you can play with it and get to the point where it asks for "code" or "calibration", this may work. Most new measuring tapes of this type have inches on one side, MM on other side.
    May not but that's my only suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    A friend has donated his cycle computer to the Shadow cause.
    I have searched google without success, or maybe I am looking in the wrong places?
    It is a Echo zone 5. It may have come out when Jesus was a boy but all I need is speed and distance readings and super sophistication isnt required yet.

Does anyone have a scan or PDF of the manual they would share?

Thanks.
    I dunno, Is this it? http://breanne.exam.axr.be/Echo~Zone...rsion~2019.pdf
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks Gearhead and Nonoise. Using pi x 645mm gives me 2.026m.
    Tomorrow I will mark the tyre and measure the distance over one revolution to get specific.
    Thanks for the link NN. They want registration for the 'free' trial. I say no to that offer .
    Subsequent to my post I came upon a Dutch site with the manual for download.
    It appeared legit so I have it on file now. The means of physically fitting are in multiple languages including English.
    The more important stuff is in Dutch and my Dutch is as good as my Swahili.
    For anyone else who may require the manual, here is the link.

https://www.gebruikershandleiding.co...ng-563845.html

If you are conversant in Dutch and wish to translate that dedicated section, could you post here? That would be great.
    I have stumbled through and at this point it appears to function. When I pass the magnet over the pick up the display registers. Who would have known that I could reach 20kmh while stationary