Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: In need of possible inpatient mental health care

Agreed, dependency is NOT addiction, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Wow, Todd...withdrawal symptoms lasting months or years! I remember when Valium was first marketed, what a miracle drug it was claimed to be - and it spawned so many others. I'm really, really glad that you're going to be getting help with Valium withdrawal from a neurologist who is enlightened about what's involved!
    It?s a miracle drug because it works so well, almost too well. However, it?s not intended to be taken chronically despite the fact that many people who take benzodiazepines are on daily use prescriptions of them. Thus, the doctor creates a patient dependent on it, and it?s also a controlled substance. Doctors can decide at any time to not refill and leave you devastated in the wake. I?ve read horror stories of people being forced to cold turkey detox at home because a doctor abruptly stops their prescription, then they end up in the ER because of grand mal seizures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by da lurker View Post
    hey... always dig your music.
    About 3 years ago I started using atavan for pain. Dr's permission. The real pain was quitting the "pain pills"
    Tom, I empathize entirely. Not to be disrespectful, but it caught my eye: Are you truly a believer in a flat earth? I promise not to mock you, I?m asking, so it would be unfair of me to do so, even if I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Up View Post
    Agreed, dependency is NOT addiction, period.
    Precisely! As Dr. Huff says, if it can happen to an M.D., it could happen to anyone: https://www.buzzsprout.com/265442/1370830