Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In need of possible inpatient mental health care

So glad to hear this Todd. I don't want to lose you as we have so many others. Jennifer was especially hard to say goodbye to. I know you felt the same way towards her. I feel more uplifted and positive myself knowing you are getting a different perspective on the challenge. Two thumbs up, a big hug and a shoulder to lean on when needed.

OK! Put up a score for the home team.

And keep collecting winning cards!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I'm glad to see this, Todd!

**big hugs**

Todd, I haven't commented because I don't know anything about benzo withdrawal or where to go for help, but this new approach sounds so reasonable and humane that I just wanted to chime in and say how glad I am that your cousin has pointed you in this direction. I wish you the very best and hope that you and the neurologist will form a great therapeutic team.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    So glad to hear this Todd. I don't want to lose you as we have so many others. Jennifer was especially hard to say goodbye to. I know you felt the same way towards her. I feel more uplifted and positive myself knowing you are getting a different perspective on the challenge. Two thumbs up, a big hug and a shoulder to lean on when needed.
    Thank you, Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    OK! Put up a score for the home team.

And keep collecting winning cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    I'm glad to see this, Todd!

**big hugs**
    I’ll be giving you both calls, I promise you. I’ll enjoy sharing stories and catching up. We have Tropical Storm on the way! Sigh. I’m north of the lake so flooding, if any occurs, will likely not affect me; the house I live in didn’t flood in Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Todd, I haven't commented because I don't know anything about benzo withdrawal or where to go for help, but this new approach sounds so reasonable and humane that I just wanted to chime in and say how glad I am that your cousin has pointed you in this direction. I wish you the very best and hope that you and the neurologist will form a great therapeutic team.
    Bonnette,

Benzodiazepine dependency and withdrawal can be horrific. Many in the benzo community believe it?s barbaric to even force iatrogenically dependent patients off of them because it?s so brutal, especially if they?ve always been compliant and taken only what they?ve been prescribed. Many who become dependent want off of them because they find they?re only doing worse or getting sicker on the drugs, so they opt to taper down because staying on is also just as uncomfortable. Patients like me found them tolerable and I didn?t notice myself feeling badly on them, or if I did, I just accepted it as a new way of living. I think my behavioral and cognitive changes were worse than any physical symptoms taking them as I enjoyed how well they allow you to sleep, though studies show REM and SWS sleep are often inhibited while taking them.

Yesterday was World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    Bonnette,

Benzodiazepine dependency and withdrawal can be horrific. Many in the benzo community believe it?s barbaric to even force iatrogenically dependent patients off of them because it?s so brutal, especially if they?ve always been compliant and taken only what they?ve been prescribed. Many who become dependent want off of them because they find they?re only doing worse or getting sicker on the drugs, so they opt to taper down because staying on is also just as uncomfortable. Patients like me found them tolerable and I didn?t notice myself feeling badly on them, or if I did, I just accepted it as a new way of living. I think my behavioral and cognitive changes were worse than any physical symptoms taking them as I enjoyed how well they allow you to sleep, though studies show REM and SWS sleep are often inhibited while taking them.

Yesterday was World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day!
    Wow, Todd...withdrawal symptoms lasting months or years! I remember when Valium was first marketed, what a miracle drug it was claimed to be - and it spawned so many others. I'm really, really glad that you're going to be getting help with Valium withdrawal from a neurologist who is enlightened about what's involved!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

hey... always dig your music.
    About 3 years ago I started using atavan for pain. Dr's permission. The real pain was quitting the "pain pills"
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society