Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In need of possible inpatient mental health care

Shopgenext.com has some great products to help get off many different drugs in a natural way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender lady View Post
    Shopgenext.com has some great products to help get off many different drugs in a natural way.
    Addiction is more than "getting off many different drugs." It is a multi faceted disease, especially when compounded by mental health issues like depression, anxiety, and PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    From my experience reading SCI forums 10 mg/day is far from excessive and this particular doctor may be one of the thousands who has suddenly gone FDA correct and trying to wean all patients from benzodiazepines, weather it is best for the individual or not. So the main problem from YOUR point of view, I assume, is the Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety (with occasional panic attacks), and PTSD, for which in-patient care could be a help. I hope this psychiatrist is focused on those problems.

This Psychiatrist certainly sounds concerned to see you in an appropriate setting. Whatever you do, Todd, I hope you find meaningful help along your path. Your set of challenges is difficult to sort through.
    Thank you so much. Yes, I believe her intentions are pure and not ill towards me. I?m hurt and confused at times because 10mg of Valium a day is far from the peak of 4mg of Xanax a day. I can?t believe I was taking that much. In hindsight, I realized when I first began .5mg of Xanax could put me to sleep at night. Now imagine I could take 1-2mg and be totally alert.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Where are you located?
    New Orleans, Louisiana, mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey Todd,

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Always been a god guy and have been through a lot, not of your own doing.

You got this.
    Thank you, Jim, how sweet of you to say. Hugs to all of you for being so compassionate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    I'm proud of you for acknowledging the benzos are an issue in your life as well as the depression, PTSD, and anxiety. Let me know if I can help.

Sending love and only good thoughts your way.

~~~ M.E.
    M.E.,

I had no idea! I?m so sorry you found yourself dealing with the benzo beast yourself. OMG! I want to hug you right now. I?ll drop my information to you in PM.

Love,
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Addiction is more than "getting off many different drugs." It is a multi faceted disease, especially when compounded by mental health issues like depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
    Thank you! What she said. Lavender may be well-intentioned, but it’s a very far complex and difficult issue than simply moving over towards natural ways. Opium and alcohol are natural, and we know how devastating they can be.

I understand. I LOVE clonazapam for sleep an the way my body is relaxed all morning afterwards. Yet it is addictive, so I've learned if I pace myself and only use it once every 4 days, or once per week, I can stick with 1/6 mg and never have to increase. Getting off 1 mg/night took me months after I learned the drug's nature so I have treated it with respect since. I freely confess I simply cannot get a good nights sleep on my own anymore. Currently marijuana is "in", but it has effects I dislike and I yearn to be that kid-then-adult who could always get a good night's sleep. SCI changed that, and maybe I would have changed anyway. You will find your way.

Detoxing from Valium and other benzos must be done very carefully, slowly, and under medical supervision. While people detoxing from opioids may feel like they are going to die, that is very rare. No so with benzos. Done improperly it can be life-threatening. I hope you get the assistance you need, Todd.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    I freely confess I simply cannot get a good nights sleep on my own anymore. Currently marijuana is "in", but it has effects I dislike and I yearn to be that kid-then-adult who could always get a good night's sleep. SCI changed that, and maybe I would have changed anyway. You will find your way.
    Yes, the inability to enjoy sleep can be a terrible thing; in time, it will likely return. Trazodone may help you sleep well if you can tolerate it. It can make me feel sleepy in an uncomfortable way before working, so I’ll use it with hesitation.