Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Device To Power Manual Wheelchairs

New Device To Power Manual Wheelchairs

Hey everyone!

My team and I are creating a device that attaches to any manual wheelchair and converts it to fully electric. We call it ProPulse.

Some of the most important features the device includes: low cost, controlled by joystick, 360 degree turning, off road ability, extremely light, Portable, multi-day battery life, ability to go up inclines, ability to brake, back up sensor,etc.

It's been a while since I last posted on the forum. Since my last thread, my team and I been hard at work implementing a lot of your recommendations. Next week my team and I will be posting a video showing a member of the community using an early prototype of the device and giving his feedback. If you want to check this video out and keep up with our progress check out our pages:

instagram: @citryneofficial

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CitryneOfficial

Our priority is to listen to the opinions and suggestions of as many wheelchair users as possible before launch the product. ProPulse is set to launch in December. We have less than 4 months to perfect the design.

I am extremely thankful for how supportive the community has been and can't wait to read the suggestions you have.

Thank you everyone,
    Juan and the Citryne team

Great job. I see a joy stick on the right, but it looks like he is using something else to control it. My question do those omni wheels rotate on independent pivot points? If they are not separate, when the chair is on uneven ground one wheel might go up on a bump which would lift the other, but that would cause an unwanted turning action.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

@nonoise Sorry for the delay! We've been having late nights working on the device.

Anyway, it's great to hear from you again I'm glad you like it! We still have a lot of work to do but momentum is high.

In the video he is only using a joystick to control the chair, the red switch is the power (intended to be right by the users hand for easy access). In the model that you were looking at the omni wheels do not rotate independently. However, during our testing we noticed exactly what you just mentioned. We've made design changes since and began testing the new chassis design!

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    It looks very similar to a smartdrive, what are the advantages over a smart drive ?

@NW-Will

The biggest differences are price and 360 degree turning! It will be priced around $3500 instead of $6400. Rather than being a power 'assist' device, it is turning your manual wheelchair into an affordable and fully functioning powered wheelchair.

In addition to your typical powered wheelchair features it will also have all the features I mentioned above
    Last edited by ProPulse; 07-02-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPulse View Post
    @NW-Will

The biggest differences are price and 360 degree turning! It will be priced around $3500 instead of $6400. Rather than being a power 'assist' device, it is turning your manual wheelchair into an affordable and fully functioning powered wheelchair.

In addition to your typical powered wheelchair features it will also have all the features I mentioned above
    Off road ability and joystick control, looks to be a great improvement over the smartdrive.

is it light and portable
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

@giles88 We are also still in the prototyping/testing phase so if you have any suggestions just throw them out there!

@wheelin 48Right now it is 12lbs but we are looking for ways to get it down to 10lbs or less. I know that weight is a huge factor for the user. In-terms of portability, imagine a large purse.. it's pretty much that big. So you can just pop it off and throw it in your passenger seat without much effort.

any idea when it will be available
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]