Thread: Sci pre-clinical and clinical research overview - 2019 - chronic sci only!

Sci pre-clinical and clinical research overview - 2019 - chronic sci only!

Dear all,
    For those intestested in an overview of key (chronic) clinical research projects + a few pre-clinical highlights, here is our very latest update, classified along three main research directions

- (Stem) cells & combination regeneration/repair strategies.
    - Scar and growth inhibitors reduction & regeneration/repair combination strategies.
    - Electrical stimulation of the spinal cord (e-stim), Transcranial Stimulation (TMS), Brain-Machine-Interface (BMI), etc
    https://endparalysis.org/cure-spinal...-research-3-2/

I hope it helps some of you who are intested to understand what's going on right now, in the field of chronic SCI research/ experimental therapies/ treatment , happending in 2019 (or expected to start soon). In some cases, we also make an attempt to summarize the results so far (for example for electrical stimulation, in part 3).

Any feedback welcome. It might not be complete, not always fully updated, but we do our best to keep it objective, understandable and informative.
    If you like this info, please support us. 100% of your donations go to CURATIVE research for CHRONIC SCI. Consider a donation at: https://endparalysis.org/donate/

Or give us mental support by following us/ liking us on social media: @endparalysis (We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube)
    Thanks!
    Corinne

am I gay for wanting to see video of a previously paralyzed penis get erect with epidural stimulation... Lol... I wanna see it work
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Thanks for updating

I understand, Lunasicc42! But an erection would not be enough, or would it? And that's is the whole point, I think... Getting muscles to move on order is nice, but not great as long as you don't FEEL!!! The interpretation of these results is so critical!

Looks good, thanks Corinne!

Quote Originally Posted by Corinne Jeanmaire View Post
    I understand, Lunasicc42! But an erection would not be enough, or would it? And that's is the whole point, I think... Getting muscles to move on order is nice, but not great as long as you don't FEEL!!! The interpretation of these results is so critical!
    Definitely not enough. I have too many spontaneous erections throughout the day and no problem maintaining it if stimulated. A bit awkward sometimes. But anyway my point is that they’re useless in a way and sometimes upsetting seeing it but without feeling anything. Kind of reminds me what I’m missing out the most. I’d choose sensation before anything else as the lack of sexual relief is still my biggest problem. I still feel horny as a raging bull 24/7 , only solution would be poke my eyes out for no more temptations. Frickin depressing