Thread: any advice

any advice

I don/t know f butt snott or urine but I am soaking my self cathe it not plugged up we cleared this am my sis just left and we put in 30 cc just easily but my butt is wet not sp clogged

I am at loss have chage clothe 3 time seat covers 3 times I am out of clothes to change laundry is out side drying and I am so thirsty I can not seem to drink enough

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I don/t know f butt snott or urine but I am soaking my self cathe it not plugged up we cleared this am my sis just left and we put in 30 cc just easily but my butt is wet not sp clogged

I am at loss have chage clothe 3 time seat covers 3 times I am out of clothes to change laundry is out side drying and I am so thirsty I can not seem to drink enough
    Could you be leaking at the stoma site? Have you checked if the balloon(s) is/are inflated correctly? Any other telltale signs of a urinary tract infection?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Could you be leaking at the stoma site? Have you checked if the balloon(s) is/are inflated correctly? Any other telltale signs of a urinary tract infection?
    no dry as a bone around stoma and my shorts ar wet on my rear not between legs and urine is coming out of sp freely and clear as water but I have fresh clothes drying no sweating of forehead no distress heat rate and pulse normal

but what ever it is it clear and waterty judging by the white shorts I just took of thank god I can do a lot for my self I wash up dry the get dressed again but that's exhausting 3 times so far

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    no dry as a bone around stoma and my shorts ar wet on my rear not between legs and urine is coming out of sp freely and clear as water but I have fresh clothes drying no sweating of forehead no distress heat rate and pulse normal

but what ever it is it clear and waterty judging by the white shorts I just took of thank god I can do a lot for my self I wash up dry the get dressed again but that's exhausting 3 times so far
    If it has anything to do with bowels, I would think there would be an odor.

I've had spontaneous voiding from the uretha (I have a suprapubic) with no sense that I have a UTI
    On the couple occasions it's happened, I've taken a specimen and gotten right on (my private stash) cipro while waiting for urinalysis and culture.
    And that's always been the fix! Almost immediately, problem solved.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I just changed clothes and cleaned up again its butt snot mucus definitely well I wonder how many calories you burn getting undress cleand up change cushin cover get dressed this is 5 th time to day

I am whopped we will have care taker in am I hope finish this

my sis came over early and just checked the cath it was flow freely but now I know

happy fourth of july

Do you have a colostomy?
    I do and had problems with rectal discharge of mucous and other vile effluvia
    I never imagined it was urine though!
    I was told by three GI docs that it was a form of colitis from my no longer fed lower intestine and that reconstructing my anatomy would fix it, otherwise, remove it which is what we did.
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Do you have a colostomy?
    I do and had problems with rectal discharge of mucous and other vile effluvia
    I never imagined it was urine though!
    I was told by three GI docs that it was a form of colitis from my no longer fed lower intestine and that reconstructing my anatomy would fix it, otherwise, remove it which is what we did.
    I am a gal and I figure out the second go around it was butt snott but I was just told cause I still have about a 12 inches it makes mucsus nasty stink stuff but I was like clear water but we tried a enama today and tried to stimulate out nope not happening 5 changes of clothes and a good cleaning and redressing I was whipped and its been going on 3 days . last time it did this was when 5 years ago I remember cause my mom had died
    that week

so tell me how you g rid of the intstines please

First step would be acceptance that you need to wear a diaper. That was tough for me but ended the multiple clothes changes.
    (PS: the Pants Up EZ has enabled me to change my pants painlessly and without struggling or help getting them up! Paper diaper changes not really too viable without it or a second party's help))
    Then I went to three different GI guys who basically had me shoving expensive ass-food up it
    After 3 guys and a year they agreed, and I accepted that recision was the only answer other than reverting to my original plumbing which I was told, would also stop the colitis.
    So, I had a surgeon take out as much as he could orthoscopically. I have a short stump and still have some discharge but it's manageable and no more diapers.
    I was told that to totally resect (removing rectum+) would involve much more major surgery and would be like recovery from a pressure wound.
    Good luck! This shit sucks!
    NW NJ