Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I'm glad to hear others have issue with the fragile Roho. I also weld grind cut and play with fabricating steel. I tend to use an old wool army blanket when welding. It does a great job with the sparks but the metal bits from grinding or cutting always tend to fall into my lap. I try to clean out my seat cushion after I'm done playing which usually works but it only takes one small sharp bit to make me go flat.
    It makes playing in the garage less fun
    "Fragile Roho" is a relative term. Those of you who do DIY projects with welding etc., and blame Roho Cushions for being too fragile to stand up to your abuse is just stupid. Don't blame Roho cushions for not standing up to the trials and abuse you put them through without the normal protection that an able bodied person would usually use for their own protection. Geeze...just don't be so precious. "Playing in the garage less fun"...Oh Pity!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Permobil/Roho is vey specific that nothing should be added to the cushion/cover/or on top of the cover. So seems like protecting yourself from the top/lap down in the case of you do-it-yourselfers is your best option.
    That's a reference point. You have to consider how to apply that to your life. If you can sit on a couch for 30 minutes, you can top your Roho with a thin layer of foam for 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    That's a reference point. You have to consider how to apply that to your life. If you can sit on a couch for 30 minutes, you can top your Roho with a thin layer of foam for 30 minutes.

Reference point? Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "Fragile Roho" is a relative term. Those of you who do DIY projects with welding etc., and blame Roho Cushions for being too fragile to stand up to your abuse is just stupid. Don't blame Roho cushions for not standing up to the trials and abuse you put them through without the normal protection that an able bodied person would usually use for their own protection. Geeze...just don't be so precious. "Playing in the garage less fun"...Oh Pity!
    Sadly I use more protection then an able body would use and still find things fall deep into my lap. I blame Roho for being so damn expensive for people that have to buy them like me. For 500.00 maybe add a fine layer of protection from the bladders.

We do offer a Heavy Duty cover as an accessory, to provide additional protection for the cushion that would help in these applications being discussed. You can check with ROHO customer service to see if there is a HD cover available for the model of ROHO cushion that you use - orders.roho@permobil.com. Be aware that this cover is a bit thicker than ROHO's standard high-stretch cover, so if you have fragile skin you should probably stay with some of the solutions offered in this thread ("lap protection") versus changing to the heavy duty cover. If in doubt, consult with your clinician who advises you on skin care and / or equipment.

Tom Borcherding
    Permobil Seating / ROHO
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    Sadly I use more protection then an able body would use and still find things fall deep into my lap. I blame Roho for being so damn expensive for people that have to buy them like me. For 500.00 maybe add a fine layer of protection from the bladders.
    Use a pillow case in a pinch. Again, know if your skin can tolerate it first. I don't see why not. It's probably less material than your pants.

My sister had a bulldog pup who thought the yellow cord on the corner of my Roho was a chew toy. Sadly he ended up ripping it off without my knowledge, which caused a leak which I somehow didn't notice (I was sick at the time). I sat on the deflated cushion all day. I ended up needing flap surgery. His name was George. I hated George.

Just put a cucumber on your chair when not in use ;p
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Use a pillow case in a pinch. Again, know if your skin can tolerate it first. I don't see why not. It's probably less material than your pants.
    Unless you have a stretch/knit pillow case I would not recommend this. The Roho needs to be covered with a STRETCH material in order to work right. A pillow case, Chux, or other non-stretchy material will hammock you and not allow you to sink into the cushion, which is how pressure reduction is achieved with a Roho cushion.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Unless you have a stretch/knit pillow case I would not recommend this. The Roho needs to be covered with a STRETCH material in order to work right. A pillow case, Chux, or other non-stretchy material will hammock you and not allow you to sink into the cushion, which is how pressure reduction is achieved with a Roho cushion.

(KLD)
    How would a chux prevent you from sinking into the cushion?