Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Ya know...maybe we have all missed the point in all of this discussion. Maybe those of you who complain that Roho cushions are too fragile and don't hold up under the way you use them and the activities in which you participate should reconsider the whole issue of what kind of a cushion you are using. .................................................. ...................... Instead of complaining about the Roho cushion, maybe you need to find something that suits your needs better.
    There you go, making the assumption that there is bitching about Roho cushions on this thread.
    Not so.
    Are you on a retainer?
    Perhaps you need to read through again in a lighter frame of mind.
    Fixation on the minutiae and a clinical interpretation of a written conversation is not what is warranted.
    It is just conversation, is all.
    What would be of more value AND be more digestible with less conflict, is for you (two?) to start a thread offering your wisdom on the correct care of Roho cushions.
    It is my opinion that in that context it would be better received.
    Speaking for myself, when the need arises I make-do however I can with a decent nod to the risk that my endeavours may place me in.
    Never let directives get in the way of living a life.

    About cats: I am not enamoured with them unless it is an animal with character.
    The only good cat is an old breed Abbysinian. As a companion and protector, they can be as good as a dog. AND they do not meoww or grizzle. Generally speaking they are very intelligent.
    Our Abbey was. (for the spell check Nazis it is the correct spelling of her name )
    Last edited by slow_runner; 06-30-2019 at 10:50 PM.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    There you go, making the assumption that there is bitching about Roho cushions on this thread.
    Not so.
    Are you on a retainer?
    Perhaps you need to read through again in a lighter frame of mind.
    Fixation on the minutiae and a clinical interpretation of a written conversation is not what is warranted.
    It is just conversation, is all.
    What would be of more value AND be more digestible with less conflict, is for you (two?) to start a thread offering your wisdom on the correct care of Roho cushions.
    It is my opinion that in that context it would be better received.
    Speaking for myself, when the need arises I make-do however I can with a decent nod to the risk that my endeavours may place me in.
    Never let directives get in the way of living a life.
    Wow...no one could have said or reiterated my point better. Thank you!

    Complaining, shitting and moaning about the fragility of Roho cushions and how they don't fit your lifestyle is all about what I am saying.

    No need to start another thread about taking care of a cushion...I've said it all, may be you need to re-read the last several posts on this thread.

    Just don't come down on how you live your life and make it the fault of anyone else or any company.

    You choose how you use products and if in that context something happens it is yours to live with...don't blame the company! Find another vendor/cushion that works better for you.

    Retainer... If I were on retainer, I don't think I would be urging members here to think about some other cushion to suit their individual needs better than the Roho cushion they are using.

    Sheesh! Aargh!
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-30-2019 at 11:04 PM.

  3. #73
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,671
    And.....the critical parent is.........................

    ......gjnl!

    What the fuck is your problem!!!!!!!!
    No one here has any animus for Roho.
    Those using them use them for there clear value to save your ass........literally!
    And all here have acknowledged the downside (possibility of puncture) when using them, but choose to risk punctures by personal choice.
    Just like, I choose to run 1 3/8 bicycle tires versus high pressure "hip" chair tires because of the inevitable punctures you get rolling around a shop where a lot of metal fabrication happens.
    Just like I choose to sit on a Roho because I saw how much better it mapped than my Jay Deep Comfort did and one pressure wound in 23 years is one too many!
    I don't see anyone bashing Roho or suggesting they're poorly designed.
    And until recently, there was no animus between participants in this conversation; I submit you are the start of that, with you heavy handed, professorial, judgmental and condescending attitude. As soon as you joined this thread, it started a downward spiral.

    I'm out of here, You're no fun!

    PS: many of your posts have been valuable, but not this one.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    And.....the critical parent is.........................

    ......gjnl!

    What the fuck is your problem!!!!!!!!
    No one here has any animus for Roho. Really!!!
    Those using them use them for there clear value to save your ass........literally! But not when they don't hold up under the life style you subject them to.
    And all here have acknowledged the downside (possibility of puncture) when using them, but choose to risk punctures by personal choice. But also indulge in pissing and moaning about that.
    Just like, I choose to run 1 3/8 bicycle tires versus high pressure "hip" chair tires because of the inevitable punctures you get rolling around a shop where a lot of metal fabrication happens.
    Just like I choose to sit on a Roho because I saw how much better it mapped than my Jay Deep Comfort did and one pressure wound in 23 years is one too many!
    I don't see anyone bashing Roho or suggesting they're poorly designed. Really...you may need to read all 60 posts again.
    And until recently, there was no animus between participants in this conversation; I submit you are the start of that, with you heavy handed, professorial, judgmental and condescending attitude. As soon as you joined this thread, it started a downward spiral. Can't stand the heat...get out of the kitchen.

    I'm out of here, You're no fun! Who needs to be fun?

    PS: many of your posts have been valuable, but not this one. Take the good with the bad...but that is your opinion...your perception.
    Too sad...too bad...Good posts, bad posts...I'm not here to be fun!

    So why are you so put off by hearing a very strong opinion? Just can't take it, can you! Guess it just comes too close to home!
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-01-2019 at 12:21 AM.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Leeds, AL USA
    Posts
    181
    "Adjust, adapt, revise" , Christopher Reeves

    "What ever it takes", me

    If you challenge yourself daily (AB or handicapped), you'll understand.

    Pre SCI, a very active athletic and creative life style kept both my mind and body busy. When I damaged a piece of equipment or my body due to pushing the limits of it and/or myself,
    it was my fault that something failed. What could I do in the future to prevent another failure? I think this is the intended jest of this thread.

    Examples; If a pet damages your ROHO, you have 2 options, get rid of pet or Roho.
    If you damage Roho due to your activities, you have 3 options. Stop doing the activity, get a different type cushion, or cover cushion to protect it (adjust, adapt, revise).
    What ever it takes to keep me active while protecting my cushion and chair.

  6. #76
    I recall the first time I had a critical word of Roho, the same suspects pounced on me. I know Tom has stood behind his Roho product. He has gone above the call of duty in helping people with them, me included. I have only good things to say about Tom. But that doesn't eliminate my objectivity of the product. I am here to help other SCI people not to pander to a company for help received. A good guy wouldn't expect that. It cheapens you to pander so. We all know Roho is a great company and makes great products. We all also know their achilles heel is puncture. Trying to paint the picture that punctures can be avoided if only you would be more careful is pandering to a fault. It cheapens you. Cut the shit. We all know the score.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    "Adjust, adapt, revise" , Christopher Reeves

    "What ever it takes", me

    If you challenge yourself daily (AB or handicapped), you'll understand.

    Pre SCI, a very active athletic and creative life style kept both my mind and body busy. When I damaged a piece of equipment or my body due to pushing the limits of it and/or myself,
    it was my fault that something failed. What could I do in the future to prevent another failure? I think this is the intended jest of this thread.

    Examples; If a pet damages your ROHO, you have 2 options, get rid of pet or Roho.
    If you damage Roho due to your activities, you have 3 options. Stop doing the activity, get a different type cushion, or cover cushion to protect it (adjust, adapt, revise).
    What ever it takes to keep me active while protecting my cushion and chair.
    Well said. The level of commitment to limit your choices to only science-based conclusion would frustrate even the best scientist. Because the first thing a scientist states about his study is the scope, which is always limited. But real life presents unlimited challenges. People with SCIs know this best. We know that adapting/improvising is a key to a successful life for us. The irony is that even Roho acknowledges this. Only two people here don't. Are they so stubborn with their commitment to science based solution vs improvising or are they pandering? I don't know. But I do know it's ridiculous and demanding how they talk down to us who are out there finding ways to solve our problems to better live our lives rather than staying home being super safe and following their directions. SMH.
    Last edited by August West; 07-01-2019 at 01:12 AM.

  8. #78
    I think this thread has run it's course. I am closing it.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Similar Threads

  1. cats and air mattresses
    By alan in forum Life
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
  2. why dogs hate cats?
    By adi chicago in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:59 PM
  3. Cats Cats Cats
    By Slider82 in forum Family
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 05:45 AM
  4. cats and Led Zeppelin
    By ~Patrick~ in forum Life
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 05:31 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •