Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    How would a chux prevent you from sinking into the cushion?
    I don't understand why this conversation has become so precious. If you engage in high risk activities, have animals you can't control, how can you hold the maker of the cushion/cushion cover to task. I don't weld, I don't work in a shop, I don't have cats or dogs...and my experience with my Roho cushion is sterling. If you choose to engage in activities outside of the parameters of the normal use of the cushion/cover then you do that at your own risk/peril/and use out of the norm. If you use you Roho cushion outside the normal range of experience...you need to take responsibility for that.

I love my ass-saver Rohos!
    gjnl might take this shit too seriously; what does Augie's chux scenario have to do with "precious"?
    Putting a non-stretch material over it certainly would restrict its compliance in three dimensions; how profoundly? Beyond my pay grade.
    This WAS a whimsical conversation about our Rohos and how they are vulnerable to puncture.
    What would you expect if you made such a pneumatic matrix with thin compliant material?
    Why have any concern that we who take risks with them sometimes suffer the expectable result?
    Live and let live!!
    There are many risk-takers with spinal cord injuries, myself included
    who apparently, may never learn the lessons of prudence.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I love my ass-saver Rohos!
    gjnl might take this shit too seriously; what does Augie's chux scenario have to do with "precious"?
    Putting a non-stretch material over it certainly would restrict its compliance in three dimensions; how profoundly? Beyond my pay grade.
    This WAS a whimsical conversation about our Rohos and how they are vulnerable to puncture.
    What would you expect if you made such a pneumatic matrix with thin compliant material?
    Why have any concern that we who take risks with them sometimes suffer the expectable result?
    Live and let live!!
    There are many risk-takers with spinal cord injuries, myself included
    who apparently, may never learn the lessons of prudence.
    Augie's chux scenario has nothing to do with anything, except that all of you who are complaining about your issues when you take unmitigated risks with your roho cushions doesn't sound so whimsical to me or to Tom Borcherding who is regularly here to help us with our issues and concerns about roho cushions. Too serious or not...all of you are just being too precious with your complaints and your lack of care.

Take it easy. We can appreciate Tom and his company and still have questions. This isn't about who to blame for the flat. This is about how to prevent flats.

Personally, I would use a pillow case in a pinch as a cover if I didn't have a Roho cover (which I do). Because the risk of sitting on a flat Roho is far greater than sitting on a Roho in a pillow case. Hence, I suggested the pillow case. This has nothing to do with taking risk. This has nothing to do with welding. You're a smart person. But you're out in left field if your takeaway is that I am here to tell people to live fast and take risks. I never said that. I never complained.

My comments are about improvising to manage risk in a pinch. Not everyone has a cover. What do they do? Part of having a SCI in improvising. Improvising seems to be half my life anymore. I'd probably be in a far worse situation SCI-wise if it wasn't for improvising. A Pillow case as a cover in a pinch falls in that category.

KLD said a pillow case would prevent sinking into the Roho. I get that a pillow case that is too tight would prevent you from sinking in. But then again so would an overinflated Roho. That's operator error. Otherwise, I would like to know what the problem is with a pillow case? It's a legitimate question.
    Last edited by August West; 06-30-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Take it easy. We can appreciate Tom and his company and still have questions. This isn't about who to blame for the flat. This is about how to prevent flats.

Personally, I would use a pillow case in a pinch as a cover if I didn't have a Roho cover. Because the risk of sitting on a flat Roho is far greater than sitting on a Roho in a pillow case. Hence, I suggested the pillow case. That's when KLD said a pillow case would prevent sinking into the Roho. I get that a pillow case that is too tight would prevent you from sinking in. But then again so would an overinflated Roho. That's operator error. Otherwise, I would like to know what the problem is with a pillow case? It's a legitimate question.
    Most of the posts on this thread are from folks who are belly aching about how their Roho cushions don't hold up under their welding hobby. That is where I am talking about this being a precious conversation.

Roho is quite clear about the use of anything on the top of their cushions other than their proprietary cushion covers. They have been in this business for a very long time, have tested their products in many uses and environments. If you have disagreements with their recommendations, so be it. When you decide to use a Roho cushion you should be doing so because you buy into the whole package of their protocol. If you don't like that then choose another cushion. Certainly there are many cushions out there that may not melt or puncture or deflate or suffer the issues that many of you have when you abuse the product as it is intended to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Most of the posts on this thread are from folks who are belly aching about how their Roho cushions don't hold up under their welding hobby. That is where I am talking about this being a precious conversation.
    And yet your post was directed at me who said nothing like that.

You forgot to say "Get off my lawn!"

You've totally missed my point.

It wasn't about encouraging rogue SCIs to ignore Roho's recommendations and then point fingers at Roho. My point is about how to protect your Roho cushion. If someone doesn't have a cushion cover, what do you propose they do in a pinch when performing an activity that may put the cushion at risk of puncture?

From where I sit this thread is just blokes chewing fat and pissing in the fire telling their tales over a beer. Nothing to get tits in a tangle over.
    My Roho has a pin hole at #4 on the fifth row from the rear. I cannot blame the cat because she got run over years back. Nor the dog because I sit on my cushion, not him. Plus Lewis hasn't been allowed inside since he took to pissing on occasion. Nor welding or cutting cause I use my outside run chair for that carry on.
    It could be my dropping weight onto it when transferring?
    Is that a legitimate acceptable cause for a puncture??
    Should I take full responsibility or blame the .......?
    Bugger! I have only myself to blame for this ......with Roho as accessory to the fact. Yeah, I said that right
    Anyway, life is fucked up enough when it is spent in a chair, without getting all twisted ,upset and protective when people are just spending time recounting their experiences.

!!

I don't understand why this conversation has become so precious. If you engage in high risk activities, have animals you can't control, how can you hold the maker of the cushion/cushion cover to task. I don't weld, I don't work in a shop, I don't have cats or dogs...and my experience with my Roho cushion is sterling. If you choose to engage in activities outside of the parameters of the normal use of the cushion/cover then you do that at your own risk/peril/and use out of the norm. If you use you Roho cushion outside the normal range of experience...you need to take responsibility for that.
    I take responsibility for my actions. But shit falls into my lap doing activities of normal life. A grain of sand can fall between two cells and wear a hole. My issue is with how expensive they are. Tell me the margin on these are not insane.

I want to hear what others are doing to help prevent holes. Especially people that are active and try to live a normal life doing things they love or being independent fixing thing to save from paying others to do it.

No tit tangle here ha!

What if you had this guy lounging on your Roho?
    Beautiful cat tiger!