Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

Blog Entries

Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

I'm patching my Roho for the 4th freaking time on account of cats loving to hang out on my chair, when I'm not in it, and popping the air cells when they jump off. I hate cats.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Several colostomy bags for me

My Roho hates my welder!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Payback
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have you ever seen the stage play CATs? Is this image, not the reincarnate of the CATs character Mcavity?

What if you had this guy lounging on your Roho?

Sorry not to make fun or iight of your problem, but isn't this the most malevolent cat you've ever seen? He's a big boy too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I'm patching my Roho for the 4th freaking time on account of cats loving to hang out on my chair, when I'm not in it, and popping the air cells when they jump off. I hate cats.
    I hate cats to. Had a dog years ago that new something was wrong with me and put her feet on my armrest rather than my leg or any part of my body. She was a collie someone dumped off here. One of the best dog I ever had. She never left the yard. When take her anywere in my van she lay low and had to drag her ass into the van. She was afraid she get dumped off or the vet. After the vet still had to drag her in the van by the lift. Once home she was fine. She just wanted to stay at home. Cant blame her after what she was been threw from her last owner. She like the garage would come in the house but about 5 minutes she wanted back in the garage. Really miss that dog. In the hot summer I would shave her whole body. She look funny all pink but she like it when hot. 6 weeks later her hair be all back. When I die I get to see all my dogs again.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    My Roho hates my welder!
    When I weld I cover most my body with a canvas cover to prevent burns and Roho cushion. Was and still is a pain to use with welder and cutting torch. Was working on a riding lawnmower and a spark from the muffer started a fire on a towel. I use to cover my legs up just to keep my pants clean and a little extra pad for protection. Helps thing from falling between your legs and under your butt for extra protection. Stuff seems to find it on the towel while you are working on things while you have your mind on your project. Saved my ass soo many times from a sore or a cut. Razer blades seem to find there way down there. Have seen to many people cut themselves not knowing the razer blade fell down there or anything else sharp.
    Art

I have an old big Jazzy for dirty work. Came from scrap yard where it laid up side down for a year and a half. Clean up, de rust/paint frame, cleaned motor, new brushes, reworked crusty brakes,
    new batts, sprayed ALL elec contacts with cleaner then elec lube. Was a fun summer project that required help only to put seat in place.
    I have old t-shirt on back rest so my no shirt back doesn't stick to it. Old long socks (toe cut off) on arm rests to preserve hard vinyl on them, feels better too. When they get real nasty, I just replace them.
    I weld, grind, glue, pressure wash, weed eat and other things that can dirty a chair. The captain style chair is a bit uncomfortable but when focused on task, it's easily over looked.
    Kinda fun to get soaking wet (sweat or water) in the sun.
    Batts got too weak last summer to do full yard work so I put 3 yr old used ones from a C500 in it (huge batts but they fit) and I rarely use 2/3 green bars.
    I drilled hole in foot plate so I could attach my yard cart. Reverse chair use only, kinda works but not ideal.
    If you can solo transfer from one chair to another, an old large wheel, front or rear drive (front works best for me), with captains style seat can be a good work chair for garage or yard.
    So far only 1 burn in seat but not an issue, it's my work truck.

Denim or canvass SOAKED in fabric starch, then left to dry, makes a good weld splatter barrier. Old school technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Denim or canvass SOAKED in fabric starch, then left to dry, makes a good weld splatter barrier. Old school technique.
    I have a letter welding apron but sometimes, in my excitement to complete a project, realize a vision, I skip that step

Haven't punctured the Roho in recent years but did manage to melt a big hole in the side of the cover using a 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel off to my side with no lap protection!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ