Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cats. I hate cats. So does my Roho.

Yea, those Roho covers are easy to damage. When I got a new cushion, I put new cover on then old cover over that. Always have towel over it too in case I spill something. Easier to wash towel than cover.
    I did something that made my cushion feel better. It feels like leg blood circulation is better. I put medium high density foam 1.5" thick under it. The two pieces don't shift/move around much. I think because the velcros friction on pan and cushion keeps things in place.

This thread has reminded me that I need a new apron. I've been patching my old one with t-shirt material and fabric glue. Many burn holes and cuts. The holes and cuts in my work clothes are reminders of when I forgot to put on apron. When your in the zone and making progress, it's easy to forget.
    Leather is best but heavy and expensive. Thick canvass is what I want. Amazon, Wal Mart, and Ebay web pages all open at same times makes for good price and availability options.
    Will be adding one to the cart soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Yea, those Roho covers are easy to damage. When I got a new cushion, I put new cover on then old cover over that. Always have towel over it too in case I spill something.
    When you put a towel over your Roho, or any non-stretchy thick material, you are cancelling out the benefits of this cushion. You might as well just use a cheap piece of foam rubber.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was $21 when I bought it. I see it's up five bucks.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    When you put a towel over your Roho, or any non-stretchy thick material, you are cancelling out the benefits of this cushion. You might as well just use a cheap piece of foam rubber.

(KLD)
    I agree. Towels also make butt hotter and a big wrinkle can create a pressure point. However, when living solo and doing my best to be 100% independent and unable to remove and clean cover myself, it's a trade off I have to deal with. A thin sheet of spandex has been on my mind as a better alternative. Need to look for some.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was $21 when I bought it. I see it's up five bucks.
    $27 is a fair price for an apron like that. Should last a life time. I may get it. Thanks for link.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    $27 is a fair price for an apron like that. Should last a life time. I may get it. Thanks for link.
    Good! I hate to see fried nads!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I'm glad to hear others have issue with the fragile Roho. I also weld grind cut and play with fabricating steel. I tend to use an old wool army blanket when welding. It does a great job with the sparks but the metal bits from grinding or cutting always tend to fall into my lap. I try to clean out my seat cushion after I'm done playing which usually works but it only takes one small sharp bit to make me go flat.
    It makes playing in the garage less fun

How about a 1/2" foam on top of the Roho for those high risk times?

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    How about a 1/2" foam on top of the Roho for those high risk times?
    Permobil/Roho is vey specific that nothing should be added to the cushion/cover/or on top of the cover. So seems like protecting yourself from the top/lap down in the case of you do-it-yourselfers is your best option.

I agree. Either a welder's apron like the one above, or look at "smoker's aprons" like this one:

https://www.allegromedical.com/daily...#779+585917+01

We had one like this for one of my clients who kept setting himself alight when smoking outdoors.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.