Thread: Here we go again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here we go again

Here I go again

I really can't talk about what's going on right now unless I started to beginning. All this really started in August 2015 when I started getting sick and just feeling like I had to throw up. I wasn't able to get anything out lying down in bed, so my wife and roommate decided to get me up on my shower chair hoping that gravity would help me get it out. However, once I sat up my stomach ballooned out and it did not look right. So I go to the hospital, and they place a G.I. to up my nose and proceed to pop out 3 canisters worth of stuff out of my stomach. After multiple tests, CAT scans, x-rays etc. they determined that I had a collapsed duodenum. Now with that I wasn't able to eat or drink anything, that included all my medications. Since there was no of the equivalent I was going through withdrawals. They decided to give me Ativan to help relax me so I could sleep. Big mistake! It turns out that I had an allergic reaction which made me crazy, schizophrenic and hallucinating for about 4 days.

My surgeon had to go in laparoscopically to correct the duodenum, however when he was in there and had to move my stomach a notice that part of my stomach was necrotic and fused itself to my abdominal wall. So he had to split meal and take out about 25% of my stomach. So basically I had a partial gastric bypass and did not need one being a quadriplegic. So now I was having to eat smaller meals all day long to keep everything up.

Now in August 2016 I had to have my gallbladder taken out. Because of the symptoms that I was having my G.I. doctor had me get a sonogram of it only to find out it was full of stones. So my surgeon took it out, the said he'd never seen one with that many Clickstones. Even after having it taken out all the pain and everything was still the same. Whenever I had that taken out they had the EKG leads on my chest. While they took all of those off except they missed one on the upper right part of my chest. When I got home We took it off and it pulled off the 1st layer of skin, leaving a sore about the size of a quarter.

2017 was fairly uneventful, even though I was still fighting getting that chest sore to heal up. So we roll around to June 2018 When I had a little spot come up on my left cheek. It would heal up scab over, and then start weeping and come back. Just like the spot on my chest. I decided it was time to go see wound care. Well 1st thing the doctor pulls out his debriding equipment and started scraping away the dead tissue. He had to stop otherwise he was going to go to bone. It turned out that I had a stage IV under that scab that had tunneled! You could put a golf ball halfway down into the whole. He started packing it with the Mehihoney For a couple of days. I decided that that time by August for him to admit me into the hospital, at kindred in Mansfield Texas. And within a month, after lots of IV antibiotics, it went from the big sword down to hardly anything. I was all healed up by November.

So now here we go to a new year January 2019, I get a bladder infection that was pretty bad. I go to the hospital for a week to get treated, and at that time I got impacted! Well after taking MiraLAX, nothing happened. They tried an enema through my colostomy, 2 days later nothing happened. So they give me a Mag-citrate and that burst the dam! I was already suffering from irritable bowel syndrome from the surgeries, so that set my Colin into very bad spasms. So my G.I. doctor doubled my Bentyl which I was taking, and sent me home. Well by the end of the next week being at home, my wife was asking me questions and I wasn't answering the way I normally do. She knew something wasn't right, so she got her cell phone and started recording me. I didn't know anything like what was our dog's name, what was her name and even more alarming was I did not know what my name was! I had a sheet and a quilt on but I was still freezing cold, they could not get a temperature. So back to the hospital I go, and once I get there they take my temperature rectally and it was 88?! When the nurse told the doctor, he said take it in my butt and the nurse said "that was From my butt". So it turned out that I had a severe bladder infection that went septic. So for the next 10 days I was going through hallucinations and schizophrenic tendencies. When my roommate/friend was looking at the side effects of the Bentyl, he saw that I was suffering from every single severe side effects. So my wife called and told them to stop my Bentyl. I was taking that for 4 years, and I don't know what kind of mental damage that has done to me. So once I came out of my font, I got pneumonia real bad. They decided to drain fluid off of my right lung and got 1500 mL of fluid. So after spending a month in the hospital this year, I was finally clear of everything. Well just last week I had that spot come back on my butt so I have an appointment tomorrow with my wound care doctor again. Now I got something that they can't figure out is when whenever I turn to my left in bed I start getting dizzy. Every once in a while that will happen when I turned my head to my left. I have had an ultrasound of my neck done but they did not find anything.

Now something that really chaps me is that my GP for 8 years would not see me anymore because he was not in my network and I had to go to the one assigned by my insurance, which this Dr. did not believe in giving me my hydrocodone, wants me to go see pain Management. She also did not believe in prescribing me my Temazepam for my sleep!

I know this was kind of long but I just wanted to share because I have no one else to talk to about all this. Thanks
    Last edited by crppled007; 06-25-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    C4 incomplete since 1985