Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Never-ending Bloating and Constipation?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    I have an incredibly clean diet. I stick with high fiber cereal, oatmeal and non-soluble fibers. my diet is for the most part similar to keto- but with the addition of high-fiber grains.
    Many people have problems with high fiber foods causing bloating and gas. Eliminate one at a time from your diet to see if you can identify what is causing this problem, and if found, eliminate that and add a different high fiber food. You may also be helped by a supplement such as Beano.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I knew there would be an accident. There was so much stool and gas, I was in an explosive condition. We prepared just as we would when doing the prep before a colonoscopy. Magnesium Citrate is not be taken casually or as a regular stimulant for routine bowel programs.
    So you took it once and it eliminated the gas? Did it effect your normal routine & is your bowel program daily or every other day?

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    So you took it once and it eliminated the gas? Did it effect your normal routine & is your bowel program daily or every other day?
    Using magnesium citrate was a one off, prescribed event to get me passed this the extreme constipation I was experiencing. This event was last fall, and I have not had to use magnesium citrate again. I am back to my normal bowel program using a Magic Bullet suppository every other day.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Using magnesium citrate was a one off, prescribed event to get me passed this the extreme constipation I was experiencing. This event was last fall, and I have not had to use magnesium citrate again. I am back to my normal bowel program using a Magic Bullet suppository every other day.
    Ok thank you

  5. #15
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,040
    This has become one of my biggest issues when it comes to physical appearance. I am embarrassingly so bloated with gas that I look beyond pregnant. I could deal with the typical quad belly, but this goes beyond. I?m otherwise thin, but now require XXL shirts that are still tight in the belly, yet loose in the shoulders. It baffles me that given the pressure and extent of the bloating, that it doesn?t just expel itself. Even when being transferred using my lift, in the air, you would think that some would escape, but no. I can even hear the gas transitioning constantly. When it?s routine time the first stim often expels a LARGE amount of gas. Ive tried charcoal tablets, all the over the counter remedies, changes in diet, but no luck. So frustrating!!

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    This has become one of my biggest issues when it comes to physical appearance. I am embarrassingly so bloated with gas that I look beyond pregnant. I could deal with the typical quad belly, but this goes beyond. I?m otherwise thin, but now require XXL shirts that are still tight in the belly, yet loose in the shoulders. It baffles me that given the pressure and extent of the bloating, that it doesn?t just expel itself. Even when being transferred using my lift, in the air, you would think that some would escape, but no. I can even hear the gas transitioning constantly. When it?s routine time the first stim often expels a LARGE amount of gas. Ive tried charcoal tablets, all the over the counter remedies, changes in diet, but no luck. So frustrating!!
    I use a handheld electric massage tool to massage the colon every night and find it helpful for expelling gas.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    I have an incredibly clean diet. I stick with high fiber cereal, oatmeal and non-soluble fibers. my diet is for the most part similar to keto- but with the addition of high-fiber grains.
    Bingo! Wheat may be the culprit. Dairy too.

  8. #18
    FODMAP diet helps me https://www.medicinenet.com/low_fodm...p_foods_to_eat

    I don't follow strictly these guidelines, but I keep in mind the concepts.
    T4 AIS A since 07/05/2017

    "We lie the best when we lie to ourselves."

  9. #19
    Senior Member Prerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oconto Falls, WI
    Posts
    188
    Grains, dairy and sugar can fuel bloating. Probiotics would probably help.

  10. #20
    Lately, I’ve been having greek yogurt almost daily and noticed a significant improvement in my bathroom habits; I highly recommend trying probiotics or eating lots of yogurt.


Similar Threads

  1. Bloating
    By charmed1199 in forum Care
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 10:01 AM
  2. Bloating
    By cubanito_016 in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
  3. abdominal bloating
    By Amelia in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:26 PM
  4. bloating an gas
    By joev in forum Care
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
  5. Bloating
    By KiranA in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •