Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never-ending Bloating and Constipation?

Chaz,

Psychoactive medications can affect your GI; most serotonin is in your GI. Just something to suggest in case you?re on any antidepressants.

I too am starting to feel increasingly overwhelmed and ridiculous by this issue. During the bowel routine, which lasts for very long time, I am also getting increasingly bad headaches, and afterwards I feel exhausted for a long time. Last night I remember thinking, this is very tough to tolerate.

Blog Entries
    Has your doctor done a stool test to rule out more obvious things - - parasites, Imbalanced bacteria? Is the gas especially odiferous? I was miserable for almost 2 years from IBS and other useless diagnoses until new doctor did a stool test, diagnosed my Cryptosporidium (traced to hiking with a friend clearly insufficiently schooled in using his new water filter), and healed me with an obscure antibiotic. Presto - two years of discomfort and embarrassment alleviated by a week of antibiotics.

Just want to clarify two things:

1. The right amount of fiber from fruits veggies is good but too much or any from wheat may cause bloating.
    2. When I said dairy can be the culprit, the exception is yogurt and kefir. In moderation it can help your symptoms.

Have you tried a cleanse? Just lean meats and veggies for a week can help to reset your gut. Then you can introduce foods one by one to test them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post
    I too am starting to feel increasingly overwhelmed and ridiculous by this issue. During the bowel routine, which lasts for very long time, I am also getting increasingly bad headaches, and afterwards I feel exhausted for a long time. Last night I remember thinking, this is very tough to tolerate.
    And who else does it daily like me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    And who else does it daily like me?
    I do. Lots of people do.

Thank you everyone for your input. My blood levels are very ambiguous. The wealth of knowledge available from our community is still thoughtful, compassionate and useful. My follow-up questions are coming after some additional tests. Truly appreciate the effort everyone here makes to reduce suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    This has become one of my biggest issues when it comes to physical appearance. I am embarrassingly so bloated with gas that I look beyond pregnant. I could deal with the typical quad belly, but this goes beyond. I?m otherwise thin, but now require XXL shirts that are still tight in the belly, yet loose in the shoulders. It baffles me that given the pressure and extent of the bloating, that it doesn?t just expel itself. Even when being transferred using my lift, in the air, you would think that some would escape, but no. I can even hear the gas transitioning constantly. When it?s routine time the first stim often expels a LARGE amount of gas. Ive tried charcoal tablets, all the over the counter remedies, changes in diet, but no luck. So frustrating!!
    I have the same experience. This is the first time I?ve had to actually think about changing my wardrobe in over 15 years due to stomach size. However, it is not fat. I?m very thin and fat would be easy to do shit for me. Wish it was fat.

I have not. This is a good suggestion. Most the time it is related to pain spikes and or subconscious anxiety attacks.

Please let us know how you are doing and any information you find that could be helpful to others.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.