Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Anyone driving Pacifica conversion from chair

  1. #11
    A deal is tentatively worked out for trading the 14" drop floor Touring S with a 2019 Touring Plus with S package 10" drop floor. Was a lot of frustration but Braun stepped in and assisted in the deal. Was not a fun experience and don't want to get into.

    The conversion dealer took mine in as the engine light was on when they got it. Their Chrysler dealer said it was a Cooler Dam actuator. When I took it into my Braun dealer, they looked it up and was something to do with remote wiring harness or something like that. The harness has been ordered. If the conversion dealer wishes me to take it in for the recall I have offered to wait until it's completed before driving down to their shop and have them strip the stuff they installed and reinstall into the new 10" drop. The recall process is pretty straight forward and just a matter of taking it in to your Chrysler dealer for recall. I bought mine off the local Chrysler dealership, they delivered it to the conversion dealer who shipped to Braun so it was my responsibility for the recall. I trust if I bought the van from the dealer he would have taken it in for the recall.

    The 100 or so miles I drove it was really nice. So many doo dads and apps I'm sure I'll never use. Not much difference between the Touring L and Plus. L has leather, roof racks, mud guards. Not sure what else. The S package is the same as the L. We worked out a deal where the dealer will have the cloth seats reupholstered in leather. I drove on a road that is normally like a rattletrap in my old van. With the Pacifica, it was quiet with no noise at all. Almost surreal. Getting used to the gearknob placement didn't take long and is really easy to use. The electronic emergency brake is nifty for those of us who can't use a reg. style.

    A BIG suggestion for anyone looking at conversions. Make sure you stipulate whether you want a 10" drop or 14" drop. Make sure to use those words. The dealer sent my insurance and myself invoices that said Braun Fold out Ramp, which is the 10" drop. When I got the van it was a 14 and didn't really pick up on it until it was home. The Braun foldout XT is the 14" drop. The owner said he always orders the 14" drop, never sold a 10" drop floor though the `10" I bought was on his lot. So no admitting there was a mistake, apology and offer to make it right. . If they had written Braun XT, I would have notified them right away for a correction. Water under the bridge now. But really, really investigate the equipment and ensure the type of floor drop you want. This mistake cost Braun and myself big bucks to make it right though it wasn't my fault. To me, it was worth it to get this ordeal over with. Nothing worse than having an 83G new van sitting under the carport and not willing to drive it.

    VMI was recently bought out by a Capitalist investment group and I think they bought Braun also. The vehicle I have had for 20 years is a 2000 Chrysler Limited with VMI infloor. The sliding door got a little finicky but was satisfied with VMI's conversion package. Good Luck Hackensack, I think you'll like the Pacifica with VMI.

  2. #12
    Senior Member McDuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas area, Tx
    Posts
    3,480
    Patrick, have you rolled into a 10" drop van? Remember the ramp angle is going to be considerably worse, a couple degrees makes a big difference.

    But if you're finally getting what you wanted in the first case, congrats on pushing thru the BS to get it.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

  3. #13
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    We are looking at a Pacifica also but I heard there is a head room issue with the Pacifica being 3 inches less than the Toyota. I'll be following this post since we still like the look of the Pacifica over the other options. Bruce
    I have the Braun fold-out version of the Pacifica. I do not drive, but sit in the front passenger spot. I use a Permobil F3, and am 6'4, so I sit very high. My previous van was a Braun Sienna. I can say that the Pacifica has more headroom. That is the primary reason I switched.

    If I had one negative, it is that I don't like how the body sits so high off of the tires. I understand it's likely for ground clearance. My Sienna scraped on everything, this one rarely does.
    Last edited by landrover; 06-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I just went and checked out a couple of 2019 Pacifica's. One with a VMI conversion and one with a Braun conversion. I'm in the process of replacing my 2014 Sienna VMI conversion with a in floor ramp. I'm around 56 inches in my Quickie 646SE and I'm a passenger not a driver. First off the room inside the Pacifica is amazing. I had no problem turning around inside it. In my Sienna I have to do a 4 point turn to turn around. The inside headroom was just fine for me in both conversions. Braun has a smoother ride than the VMI. VMI has better ground clearance than Braun. When entering Braun I scraped the top of my head at the door area. I did not with VMI . The sales guy said there is a 1 1/2 to 2 inch difference in that area between the two. I have not had any major issues with my VMI Sienna so I will be going with the VMI Pacifica.
    Hopefully something like this https://www.mobilityworks.com/wheelc...c1bg1kr630035/ or http://www.kerseymobility.com/wheelc...-for-sale/MzAx
    That van is sharp. Love the color combination.

  5. #15
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    Just FYI, the Pacifica L and LX cannot be used for Braun conversion. The least expensive Pacifica they can be converted by Braun is the Touring Plus and naturally anything more expensive.

    The LX can be used for a rear entry conversion.
    I have a 2017 Pacifica, so not in the market, but any idea if the Sport package can be modified?

    This answered that question: http://www.kerseymobility.com/wheelc...-for-sale/Mjgw
    Last edited by landrover; 06-29-2019 at 12:37 PM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Patrick, have you rolled into a 10" drop van? Remember the ramp angle is going to be considerably worse, a couple degrees makes a big difference.

    But if you're finally getting what you wanted in the first case, congrats on pushing thru the BS to get it.
    Shouldn't be much worse than my old VMI in floor ramp McDuff. Plus I'm using a ZX1 mor and more now. I felt boxed in sitting in the back transferring to the seat. and transferring back into the chair was kind of daunting due to the lack of light in the all black interior. Reaching for anything in my chair meant I had to lower the drivers seat the four inches just to reach my wallet or whatever . I have little doubt the dealer would not have done a thing if Braun hadn't stepped up as far as the National Level to get action. I'm sure the dealer is not pleased at all by the actions Braun took.

  7. #17
    Thanks for the responses. I got a chance to sit in a VMI conversion of the Pacifica briefly. Lot's more headroom and turning room then Odyssey. This van was a year old and they are having big problems with VMI conversion. There was a significant wiring problem that the dealer was being a total ass about. I will stick with the Rollx conversion. Have had great success with them and my experience after 3 Rollx's is their service is superior to Braun & VMI's.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I have the Braun fold-out version of the Pacifica. I do not drive, but sit in the front passenger spot. I use a Permobil F3, and am 6'4, so I sit very high. My previous van was a Braun Sienna. I can say that the Pacifica has more headroom. That is the primary reason I switched.

    If I had one negative, it is that I don't like how the body sits so high off of the tires. I understand it's likely for ground clearance. My Sienna scraped on everything, this one rarely does.

    One of my concerns is I use a ZX1 power assist and if there would be enough room to swing the drivers seat around and still have enough space to position the chair and power assist into place for transferring. On the 14" here I can do it so shouldn't be a problem with the 10". The difference between the two; a 14" drop has the step next to the front door while the 10" doesn't. It didn't hit home I had a 14" til I got home. One of the reasons I went with the S package was for the 18" wheel and better leather. Not sure if it raises the van but looks cleaner, imo, with less wheel space. He only had the Touring Plus with S package which means the dealer is getting the cloth seats reupholstered in leather (extra cost of course). I sure hope he doesn't try to screw me somewhere like cheaper leather or something. The new 10" is Pearl Red while the one I'm taking back is Granite.

    My 2000 VMI Chrysler has around a 2.5" clearance so scraped like yours LR. It's so low I can't use the local Jiffylube as the clearance is too low for their saftey guard. I used to be able to do it no problem, not any more. It'll be nice having more clearance and less scraping.

    Is Kersey Nationwide? We have two here, One in Sumner and Everett. Same Owners. Was told Kersey just bought out Braun too. So looks like a person can go there and compare Braun and VMI. I know one of the owners local; bought his demo van when he was regional sales rep. I didn't go to him because I wanted a fold out and VMI has or is discontinuing their foldouts.

    I hear you Milt. The attitudes of many dealers is really disappointing and shockingly bad. My bad experience could have been easily avoided had they ordered what was on the invoices and billing to my insurance. Had I seen XT, I would have contacted them immediately for correction. It may have been why Braun stepped in with a cash incentive to the dealer and my also contributing a fair amount to settle this. It will be a 2019 with 5 miles. 14" is a 2018, bought in March with 215 miles on it. Has close to 700 now with all of it driving distances to the dealer and back. Tears me up; if I had only asked" this is the 10" drop right" would have changed everything. I relied on their inaccurate billing as it being the correct one. So a BIG lesson to all reading this, Don't RELY on the invoice and billing; Check to ensure the model stated is actually the model on the order they send to the Company.
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 06-29-2019 at 05:39 PM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    A deal is tentatively worked out for trading the 14" drop floor Touring S with a 2019 Touring Plus with S package 10" drop floor. Was a lot of frustration but Braun stepped in and assisted in the deal. Was not a fun experience and don't want to get into.

    The conversion dealer took mine in as the engine light was on when they got it. Their Chrysler dealer said it was a Cooler Dam actuator. When I took it into my Braun dealer, they looked it up and was something to do with remote wiring harness or something like that. The harness has been ordered. If the conversion dealer wishes me to take it in for the recall I have offered to wait until it's completed before driving down to their shop and have them strip the stuff they installed and reinstall into the new 10" drop. The recall process is pretty straight forward and just a matter of taking it in to your Chrysler dealer for recall. I bought mine off the local Chrysler dealership, they delivered it to the conversion dealer who shipped to Braun so it was my responsibility for the recall. I trust if I bought the van from the dealer he would have taken it in for the recall.

    The 100 or so miles I drove it was really nice. So many doo dads and apps I'm sure I'll never use. Not much difference between the Touring L and Plus. L has leather, roof racks, mud guards. Not sure what else. The S package is the same as the L. We worked out a deal where the dealer will have the cloth seats reupholstered in leather. I drove on a road that is normally like a rattletrap in my old van. With the Pacifica, it was quiet with no noise at all. Almost surreal. Getting used to the gearknob placement didn't take long and is really easy to use. The electronic emergency brake is nifty for those of us who can't use a reg. style.

    A BIG suggestion for anyone looking at conversions. Make sure you stipulate whether you want a 10" drop or 14" drop. Make sure to use those words. The dealer sent my insurance and myself invoices that said Braun Fold out Ramp, which is the 10" drop. When I got the van it was a 14 and didn't really pick up on it until it was home. The Braun foldout XT is the 14" drop. The owner said he always orders the 14" drop, never sold a 10" drop floor though the `10" I bought was on his lot. So no admitting there was a mistake, apology and offer to make it right. . If they had written Braun XT, I would have notified them right away for a correction. Water under the bridge now. But really, really investigate the equipment and ensure the type of floor drop you want. This mistake cost Braun and myself big bucks to make it right though it wasn't my fault. To me, it was worth it to get this ordeal over with. Nothing worse than having an 83G new van sitting under the carport and not willing to drive it.

    VMI was recently bought out by a Capitalist investment group and I think they bought Braun also. The vehicle I have had for 20 years is a 2000 Chrysler Limited with VMI infloor. The sliding door got a little finicky but was satisfied with VMI's conversion package. Good Luck Hackensack, I think you'll like the Pacifica with VMI.
    Wow! What a pain in the butt. Thanks for the info on the recall process. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance company on when we can get the ball rolling. Are the floor drops heights your talking about for the Braun conversions only?
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 06-30-2019 at 12:05 AM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    That van is sharp. Love the color combination.
    Thanks! That is what I am hoping for. We will see.

Similar Threads

  1. How's the Rollx conversion on Chrylser Pacifica
    By Patrick Madsen in forum Equipment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2019, 02:31 PM
  2. Driving from chair
    By mxracer86 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 01:16 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. Driving from chair questions
    By air ohs in forum Equipment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
  5. Driving from manual chair...
    By NoDecafPlz in forum Life
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •