Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's elbows have lasted the longest?

I tried the comparable prescription strength sodium diclofenac which did not provide any relief, and after two weeks resulted in severe skin reaction and had to be terminated

Crags what type of skin reaction did you have as i was using diclofenac for wrist and hand pain and also had a reaction but was trying a few things so wasn't sure what caused reaction...

Products I am current testing for effectiveness with knee and should pain:

2 Bottle Special, 99.995% Non Diluted, Low Odor Pharma Grade DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) 3oz Roll on BPA FREE
    available on Amazon. This product is valued by people for their horses, and if you pay $250,000 for your racehorse you are very careful to get a pure product without compromising additives. It cannot be marketed for human use but is frequently used by humans- especially those who see the results in their horses. I cannot find the version that includes 30% aloe available in the US, so I just rub some aloe on along with the DMOS.

Another great product from veterinary vendors is "Sore No More" which is Arnica and witch hazel. Jetters is a great vendor.Arnica has a long history of success with lower grade arthritis and various pains. Sometimes partial relief makes us happy.

I was sending Rick Hansen DMSO back in the '80's when he was wheeling around the World. We got word that it will eventually weaken, rip etc. the tendon and muscles if used to frequently. In fact it was more than stressed to not use at all. So he stopped using it.

Much like Cortisone, you don't know you've used it too much til the damage has already been done. Using it for horses is one thing. Have you made the change for dosage from the 1500 pound horse to whatever you weigh?

Other than a couple of short-lived episodes of bursitis over the years, my elbows are fine. However, my rotator cuffs have been replaced with scar tissue and on the other end, my carpal tunnels have collapsed. In sum, after 64 years post, most of my body is a mess.

Posted previously in previous discussions, this document has invaluable information about preserving function of your upper extremity joints over time (and is evidence-based):

https://pva-cdnendpoint.azureedge.ne...upper_limb.pdf

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.