Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: braun conversion

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I'm on my 2nd Braun foldout minivan. Overall have been very satisfied with it. The 1st, a 2005 T&C, had a ramp rattle after a couple years, it did bug me but couldn't find a fix for it. My 2nd is a 2016 Sienna, and it is worlds above in terms of ride quality, there has been no hint of a ramp rattle yet. I test rode in all 3 brands, Dodge/Honda/Toyota, the Dodge still rode like a truck and was louder than the other two. The Honda was the quietest, the Toyota is the quickest and almost as quiet. It came down to cup holders, in the higher end models, the Honda has zero front cup holders as they were all in the console. The Toyota has 2 that pop out of the dash, they're not the greatest, but they work.

The ramp angle of the new one is wooooorlds better than the old one. Being a para, I can even wheel up it with the kneeling system off. My model is the "XT" conversion, which I think has a lower floor than other models, which means a lower ramp angle. Also has better headroom inside. One issue, with a transfer base on the driver side, it is a bit of an uphill transfer, kind of a pain. I asked if there was a way to lower it, they said no. I saw in another thread where someone said they took off the OEM power base which lowered it, but I make use of the OEM base to get my seat in a good transfer position for rotating w/o rubbing the wall, so that solution won't work for me. It still has enough ground clearance to go over speed bumps and such.

The one thing they haven't figured out how to do, even a decade later, is how to have a good "power plug" solution for driver seat with a transfer base. The plug in the wall that is detachable, gets "disturbed" enough to keep showing the airbag light on the dash, pisses me off. It happened just a time of two in warranty, but now this week has been on constantly. In my old van, they finally had to hardwire it directly in the wall and remove the plug. Guess I'm going to have to do this with the new one too. Wonder how much this will cost me? C'mon Braun, get your act together!
    i was wondering when looking at sites what the xt meant wow never thought of the cupholders do they take the center console out i guess i need to look
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Is the ramp of a Braun fold out the same length as an in-floor?
    pat did you get the xt like mcduff does the pacificxa have cup hoders
    i tell ya i thought of buying another car but the vans are about the same price and my ins will cover the conversion my thoughts was why drop all that dough on a car when my shoulders already hurting that was my main reason in thinking van

No, I bought the Touring S. I think it's their Sport model. Much like the Touring L but with no chrome on the outside, has better leather and a few other upgrades.

thanks Fuente, yeah the OEM stuff is handy.

Patrick, it was an out of state shop that delivered my van and said no. I will be taking it to the local shop for the airbag light and will definitely hit them up on the bracket change out, 4" would be about perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

Does your van have memory seats? That's one reason I buy a higher end model, I have memory 1 set to my driving position and memory 2 set for the rotate/xfer position. Don't have to keep mucking around with the buttons for every xfer.

Wheelin, my test ride for dodge was just before Pacifica came out, so I have no knowledge of its ride or cup holders. Don't mean to demean it if they improved way over older models. Yeah all consoles get removed, no way to get your legs in between seats if not. Definitely try out the various models to see which you like best, ramp angle makes a big difference.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I thought the S had the memory seats but found out after I bought it only the Limited series has them. I have them in my T&C Limited.

I find the floor so low compared to my old VMI in floor. I guess the infloor setup needs a second floor; raising the level of the floor inside.

Bummer on the no memory, yeah you would have to tweak all the settings every time, maybe you can develop some muscle memory to remember the flow.

I can believe the Infloor "eats up" some of the floor drop space, but you also might check papers to see if maybe you do have an XT version with a bigger drop.

Wheelin, I went cruising the Braun website, it appears they have the regular and XT versions for all except the Honda, it has an Infloor only. So when you go looking, make sure you know which conversion model you are looking at for each manufacturer:

https://www.braunability.com/us/en/m...ide-entry.html

click on the different vans to see the various conversions they do on each.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

this is what came out over 4-5 inches lower. i actually raise my b/d base up a bit to drive........when i sat so high the brakes gave me issues because i couldnt get the right push on them, now that i sit at normal height everything works as it should

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    thanks Fuente, yeah the OEM stuff is handy.

Patrick, it was an out of state shop that delivered my van and said no. I will be taking it to the local shop for the airbag light and will definitely hit them up on the bracket change out, 4" would be about perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

Does your van have memory seats? That's one reason I buy a higher end model, I have memory 1 set to my driving position and memory 2 set for the rotate/xfer position. Don't have to keep mucking around with the buttons for every xfer.

Wheelin, my test ride for dodge was just before Pacifica came out, so I have no knowledge of its ride or cup holders. Don't mean to demean it if they improved way over older models. Yeah all consoles get removed, no way to get your legs in between seats if not. Definitely try out the various models to see which you like best, ramp angle makes a big difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I thought the S had the memory seats but found out after I bought it only the Limited series has them. I have them in my T&C Limited.

I find the floor so low compared to my old VMI in floor. I guess the infloor setup needs a second floor; raising the level of the floor inside.
    pat what type of braun conversion is yours

I have the Fold out conversion. Probably the XT model judging how low the floor is and the powerchair height it first came with.. I checked out VMI and Rollx but never went to the Braun dealer due to wanting to get home and avoid the Seattle traffic and didn't think I'd be buying from him. I did go to Vancouver to look at Braun but never thought to ask about floor heights.

It just means I have to get used to raising the seat up as part of the transfer process. I guess it'll be a good aspect when it comes to selling if someone in the chair is a passenger. Still kind of second guessing myself on the whole thing. Probably should have just had the old one rebuilt. I go in tomorrow to the Chrysler dealership for some engine light hassels going on. Sure hope it's Chrysler and not the Braun dealer who screwed up.

Read the owners manual last night. Whew, so many little computer warnings and surely not the simple vans of just a few years ago. No spare tire either. Going to keep my old one around for awhile til I get used to this one.