Thread: Matrx elite

Matrx elite

And yet another back rest that cracked in multiple places. They only last 2-3 years before they crack. Between these and Roho's I keep just wasting 500.00 a pop. Such cheap crap.

7 years on my ADI CF back. And I'm a fat f*ck who doesn't take care of his stuff. It is only holding on by 1 cap screw per side (should have used Loc-Tite on those hard-to-find metric fine-thread fasteners) Chair has been cart-wheeled down multiple flights of stairs and abused by airline baggage handlers. CF is dented but no cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    And yet another back rest that cracked in multiple places. They only last 2-3 years before they crack. Between these and Roho's I keep just wasting 500.00 a pop. Such cheap crap.
    The Elite is aluminum right? Because I just ordered a carbon MX2 (swapping from a carbon ADI) and the one I am currently testing is pretty flexible which makes me think it would be difficult to crack. Not sure what the price difference is between the Elite and MX2. If it cracked under two years it may still be under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    The Elite is aluminum right? Because I just ordered a carbon MX2 (swapping from a carbon ADI) and the one I am currently testing is pretty flexible which makes me think it would be difficult to crack. Not sure what the price difference is between the Elite and MX2. If it cracked under two years it may still be under warranty.
    I will be looking at a new chair soon and yes the back is aluminum. I'm not heavy at all and I don't do anything crazy since I'm higher level SCI. Such crap that we are forced to buy for stupid high prices. seriously 500 bucks for a back pad. Someone at invacare explain to me with a straight face its worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I will be looking at a new chair soon and yes the back is aluminum. I'm not heavy at all and I don't do anything crazy since I'm higher level SCI. Such crap that we are forced to buy for stupid high prices. seriously 500 bucks for a back pad. Someone at invacare explain to me with a straight face its worth that.
    I agree, that's crazy for an aluminum back...

cfx, Contact me directly about your ROHO backrest experience so I can track the history that led to your dissatisfaction. I'll need the product serial number if you can find it. I suggest you also call Invacare so they can record your complaint about the Matrix product.

Thank you.

Tom Borcherding
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com

I've been using an Invacare matrix elite (deep) for two years and am pretty gentle on my chairs. I use it for tilt and recline as well. I did have some issues with the mounting pins initially, but nothing major. Lately I have been hearing a couple of creaks at times which I never heard before. I think I will take off the back pad and examine the shell.

Check around the welds first. I'm sure they cold weld these instead of preheating the aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
    cfx, Contact me directly about your ROHO backrest experience so I can track the history that led to your dissatisfaction. I'll need the product serial number if you can find it. I suggest you also call Invacare so they can record your complaint about the Matrix product.

Thank you.

Tom Borcherding

tom.borcherding@permobil.com
    I sent you a pm, but I already patched it.