Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawn Power Tools / Accessibility Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by ToastGuard View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I will get a photo or video next time I mow. I did this past weekend, but didn't see this message.
    ResonantEcho, that weld job looks great. I took the easy way out and bought the attachment from the website below.
    https://stephen-sauceda-dj1p.squarespace.com/products/ I have the Troy Bilt one. For some reason i don't remember them being that expensive when i bought, but it has been a while, so maybe it was. It is nice to have the handles like what you have, but It also raises the floor, which makes the transfer up and down easier.
    I'll try to remember next time I'm mowing/weed whacking to take some photos and post on here.
    ToastGuard,

That would be excellent. Looking forward to the photos.

It's funny you mentioned the accessible platform. I purchased the platform you linked for my 50" Toro a few years back. When I upgraded to the 60" it wouldn't fit. I had the welder cut the handles off it and weld them directly to the mower frame. I actually like it better this way. I get to take advantage of the 45 degree angle foot rest. Also, my legs set a little deeper and since the handles are a little closer in it does a better job of keeping my legs further away from the zero turn handles when in use.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I use B&D 18v NiCad battery powered weed eater, hedge trimmer, blower, baby chain saw, drills, sander, baby circular saw, and more. Bought most used or refurbished from Ebay, cheap. Light weight sissy tools, I call them but it's a "what ever it takes" kinda thing. Finally, someone (China) is making Lithium batts that will work in my tools. Will require a different charger. Amazon sells both.
    A little fear of China's lithium batts causing fire so may wait till my last 2 NiCads go bad.

An old big Jazzy chair I rebuilt for outside dirty work gets me around in the yard. It's rough on my back due to basically no suspension but it gets the job done.
    Riding mower is rough on back and shoulders too. Looked at many zero turns but most have no suspension. Those with suspension are very expensive. Would like to hear others zero turn comments/experiences.
    Will have to keep this in mind. I do have a WORX weed eater that can also do lawn edging. However, while doing a decent job on the edging, it's still doesn't give the quality of a real edger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    What is your process of transferring on and off of this?
    Brad,

I transfer onto the lawn mower platform, grab the handles, and push up and then back to get up on the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    Hi cfx,

You'll have to show us some photos of your inventions. Sounds cool.
    This was the first run. I have dialed in the controls now much smoother. Also we have a lawn now.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post

This was the first run. I have dialed in the controls now much smoother. Also we have a lawn now.
    cfx,

That's absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing.

How long did it take you to design and build?

THANKS!!!!

Not too long found a mower with casters and just welded a sub frame to hold motors alternator and batterys. The drive controller is a Sabertooth 2X25. It's really a plug and play with a radio transmitter from a hobby store.
    I wish I would have just bought a zero turn mower and attached servo's to the hydrostatic levers. Much easier and I wouldn't have to mess with batteries and heavy ass motors.

This winter I will be making a Gravely Zero turn into an R/C mower. Might get fancy with some Kar-Tech actuators and transmitter for more safety.

Metal working doesn't play nice with my Roho's such a pain to keep patching these over priced inner tubes