Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat lift or davit?

pic is of a dockside lift that a welder frabricated and used a 12volt winch that had plenty of power and was built for around 600.00
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's a pretty skookum lift! I need to keep it mobile though.

I spent the summer on the Mississippi river on a house boat. Found the easiest was to put one chair on the dock and one on the boat and transfer. I'm a T6 para, so this might not work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    How big a boat? Have you got pictures?
    Sorry if I sounded like it was for a boat Shaun; it was for my home. Just saying a hydraulic ram setup would work if setup properly.
    The unit they made was for their small crab boats, less than 30 feet, and modified it with a platform.

I mounted an Elkhorn pool lift to the cockpit of my boat and used lifting straps to lift me in my manual chair in and out of the boat. unfortunately my solution would not work with the weight of a power chair.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad View Post
    I mounted an Elkhorn pool lift to the cockpit of my boat and used lifting straps to lift me in my manual chair in and out of the boat. unfortunately my solution would not work with the weight of a power chair.
    How did I miss this! Do you have any pics? I could use my manual easy enough.

My husband and I, both wheelers, used our pontoon boat for 30 + years using ramp access from our dock at lakeside.
    Just wondering if you've considered the cost of a sturdy boat, the lift, etc. vs. buying a house on a lake where you can have lifetime access.
    Just a thought......fishing is the greatest pastime.

If you can use a manual chair and manage the chair separately, a crab pot puller would lift you alone easily. Search "Arima crap pot puller". Then click images and tons of photos.

I'm a big Arima fan obviously.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    My husband and I, both wheelers, used our pontoon boat for 30 + years using ramp access from our dock at lakeside.
    Just wondering if you've considered the cost of a sturdy boat, the lift, etc. vs. buying a house on a lake where you can have lifetime access.
    Just a thought......fishing is the greatest pastime.
    I live on Vancouver Island, i'm surrounded by water. Boats gotta be traveable,.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    If you can use a manual chair and manage the chair separately, a crab pot puller would lift you alone easily. Search "Arima crap pot puller". Then click images and tons of photos.

I'm a big Arima fan obviously.
    I'll take a look, I was actually thinking crab/prawn puller. Olympia! You could helm your rig to Victoria and I could take a peak..