Thread: Posting attachments

Posting attachments

I wanted to post some attachments (JPG) to a reply that I could not see how to do it. I did have permissions so I do not think that was the problem.

Can someone briefed me on how to do it? I did not see a place to click in order to do this when I set up a reply.

I assume an attachment is not considered a tag. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Click "go advanced" under quick reply input. Scroll down to manage attachments and you can add there

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Click "go advanced" under quick reply input. Scroll down to manage attachments and you can add there
    Alternatively, select, "Go Advanced." Then in the first line under the title box, third icon from the right (end of) the first line, select the paper clip. Follow directions from there to select a jpeg from your computer and load it. Before you post the picture, make sure the file is small (bytes) and small (dimensions) to fit the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Alternatively, select, "Go Advanced." Then in the first line under the title box, third icon from the right (end of) the first line, select the paper clip. Follow directions from there to select a jpeg from your computer and load it. Before you post the picture, make sure the file is small (bytes) and small (dimensions) to fit the screen.
    That's what I do. We recommend no more than 760 pixels wide photos. You can resize here if unable to do so with your own computer:
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks, additionally for the info regarding resizing the JPG's. I was getting that error message that the file was too big and the link provided fixed that. I'm not sure if my Windows 10 PC comes with any built-in app to do the file reduction/compression, but I will check.

Next question is, how many JPG can one attach to a thread? Seems like five was the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    Next question is, how many JPG can one attach to a thread? Seems like five was the limit.
    I've never tried to post more than about 3 images on one reply page. The instructions herehttp://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s, indicate there "may be a limit:"

"What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
    In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board."

No limit to attachments to a thread, but there is a limit of MB and pixel size you can upload to one post.

(KLD)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.