Thread: Axle length?

Axle length?

I am in need of a pair of 4.5? axles.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

where in NJ are you.
    four and a half inches? (Under nut head to tail?)
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    where in NJ are you.
    four and a half inches? (Under nut head to tail?)
    Im in Piscataway. 4.5” inside nut to ball.
    T3 Complete

Axle length?

I just purchased a used set of spinergy spox on eBay and the hub is 3 1/4. What axle length do I need from bottom of nut to bearing ball?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    T3 Complete

What chair? Is the measurement you gave the hub or outside to outside of the bearings?
    Easiest way to figure it out is use the axles you have in the new wheels to see if you need longer or shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    What chair? Is the measurement you gave the hub or outside to outside of the bearings?
    Easiest way to figure it out is use the axles you have in the new wheels to see if you need longer or shorter.
    Tilite tr and zra2. 3 1/4 is the hub. I took the old axles from my chair and try them on the new wheels. They do not lock in.
    T3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    Tilite tr and zra2. 3 1/4 is the hub. I took the old axles from my chair and try them on the new wheels. They do not lock in.
    Are you sure you need new axles. Have you tried backing out the adjusting nut? Just a half turn can keep the retaining balls from fully extending.
    I believe tilite uses 2 inch receivers. And I think most spox typically use the everyday spinergy standard hub. Should be 1.8 inches race to race. Spinergy also makes a 2.3 inch hub. Usually found on 590 rims or sport wheels like xlx. Those do require the longer axle. Minor variations in bearing width can occur due to deviations in the precision of the bearings themselves, or because the bearing is not fully seated in the hub. That's why the axle is adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Are you sure you need new axles. Have you tried backing out the adjusting nut? Just a half turn can keep the retaining balls from fully extending.
    I believe tilite uses 2 inch receivers. And I think most spox typically use the everyday spinergy standard hub. Should be 1.8 inches race to race. Spinergy also makes a 2.3 inch hub. Usually found on 590 rims or sport wheels like xlx. Those do require the longer axle. Minor variations in bearing width can occur due to deviations in the precision of the bearings themselves, or because the bearing is not fully seated in the hub. That's why the axle is adjustable.
    yes I have turned the nut always back and it still doesn’t lock. The measurement on my old wheels from the inner bearing to the ball bearing is 2 1/2”. The new wheels is 2”.
    T3 Complete