Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food: probably the least interest of this sci

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    I like your response, yet I don't know what an "NL" is?
    My screen name is GJNL. I am GJ and my lovely wife is NL. i've been around here a very long time and have referred to NL a lot in my posts, and I understand the frustration that the use of acronyms causes. But, now you know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    My screen name is GJNL. I am GJ and my lovely wife is NL. i've been around here a very long time and have referred to NL a lot in my posts, and I understand the frustration that the use of acronyms causes. But, now you know.
    aw how cute, do you also refer to each other by initials? how about LWNL....Lovely Wife NL. sweet,

aw how cute, do you also refer to each other by initials? how about LWNL....Lovely Wife NL. sweet,
    No, we use each other's regular names, initials used here to protect identity.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Two of the mainstays of our forum. I appreciate the time and knowledge you share from so many years experience.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind having an nl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    We all should have an an nl
    Maybe gjnl must conceal his spinal challenges, or maybe a kind anonymous contributor, or maybe is in witness protection, you must protect your true identity on CC , it's a haven for identity theft.

Maybe gjnl must conceal his spinal challenges, or maybe a kind anonymous contributor, or maybe is in witness protection, you must protect your true identity on CC , it's a haven for identity theft.
    The internet is a challenging place. When you have one on one contact with someone, you can catch the nuances of their comments from their body language, facial expressions etc. Without that context Tim C., it is difficult to know if you are being sincere or having me on. That said, I operate way under the radar on line. This is the only public forum in which I participate and I have pared down my profile on this site to the bare minimum. Care Cure Community, as I am reminded everyday that I sign in is not a secure website. If you are having a lark at my expense...okay...why...who knows.

Yes Random, everyone should have an NL...but I won't share.

SCI and little interest in food.
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-15-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    I love food. I love the taste of food, spices, scents, nuances. My whole life was a bottle with food, consuming too much of it, craving carbs. Adopting a whole foods, organic, hormone free, low-carb diet extinguished that battle and made me feel good. Gaining swallowing difficulties really sealed the deal. I eat very small bites, and really chew each bite and taste it. I love food and enjoy it but don’t eat that much, and I’m happy to have arrived at this detente with food. It’s more than a detente in fact. Only because I haven’t slept much, I will venture to say that we are allies in pleasure. I am fully prepared for you to make fun of me.
    Last edited by Random; 06-15-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I love food. I love the taste of food, spices, scents, nuances. My whole life was a bottle with food, consuming too much of it, craving carbs. Adopting a whole foods, organic, hormone free, low-carb diet extinguished that battle and made me feel good. Gaining swallowing difficulties really sealed the deal. I eat very small bites, and really chew each bite and taste it. I love food and enjoy it but don’t eat that much, and I’m happy to have arrived at this detente with food. It’s more than a detente in fact. Only because I haven’t slept much, I will venture to say that we are allies in pleasure. I am fully prepared for you to make fun of me.
    Sounds like a perfectly healthy, rational approach to eating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    All I know is pre injury, my stomach would feel hunger, post injury it doesn't. Glucose level has always been normal.
    Me too Gearhead, drives my wife nuts, she is a true foodie and an outstanding cook. I still get to enjoy her great meals, I am just never hungry, which kinda degrades the experience, used to enjoy the foreplay of meals with her, having the hunger for the upcoming meal being part of the lead up. Just like sex, this damn injury can interfere in all aspects of life. Luckily, my best friend and his wife are foodies too, so when we get together they get to do a group hug on meal prep, and start talking about the next meal before we even finish this one.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"