Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any remote workers?

Computer programmer, Ball Aerospace. I'm free to work remotely as long as I get my work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolas View Post
    Hi! I was wondering if there are any folks here who work remotely or at home and what y'all do. Curious and hoping to get some ideas for myself. I've loafed for 10 years since my injury and now that I'm getting on in years, I feel like my window to ever be gainfully employed is closing. :|
    I work at home about half the time. I am an Engineer by training (Materials Science) and the work I do is a combination of product management and applications engineering. While I go into the office about half time, it's mainly for building an maintaining rapport with colleagues and production workers who make the products I manage. Most of my work is on the computer, however. A little CAD, but mostly spreadsheets as I work to optimize designs to specific applications.

I'm fortunate to have found a company that doesn't care about the paralysis. Many did.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I attend - or host - the vast majority of my meetings virtually over Skype for business. I do this even when I'm in the office as the majority of our meetings our working meetings, not long-winded presentations by our leaders. In these meetings we usually have the hosting person's desktop displayed and she or he presents and then we work on filling out things as a group whether it's sales forecasts or technical aspects of a design.

I tend to keep myself on mute when I'm not speaking, however, as this minimizes the chance that my three big dogs will be heard barking their head off by the entire group when a god forsaken chipmunk runs through the front yard

In case it wasn't answered, the Moon is the best launching point for a Mars mission as the mission wouldn't have to include escaping Earth's orbit in its fuel payload.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I worked for about a year and a half as the division manager for a Maine electrical company since m injury. Hat was all t
    ecommuting. Thy ent me a laptop nd a cellphone, and I figured out how. Connect to their network ovr the internet and then Sridharan working..