Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: They finally delivered my new wheelchair

Blog Entries
    My DME sent them to me seemingly unedited, pricing info, and all. That's where I got the image of the price I included in the other thread about my ordering process. I can't imagine not having audited that data. This is an example of a guff-giving worthy issue: treating the DME like the customer, instead of us, leaves us out of an important loop. Perhaps the most important loop in the whole process.

Edit: Looking closer at my .pdf copies I can see where the dealer cost and discount amounts have been likely been erased, leaving only retail pricing and item coding.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I will sometime take the manufacturer's pdf quote, convert it to Word doc and erase all the pricing/cost/privileged info leaving nothing but the specs and options (as indicated on the completed manufacturer's order form) and share that with my customer. This way they know exactly what to expect. I'm sure I'm the only person who does this, though.
    Last edited by Oddity; 06-11-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Tom Borcherding at ROHO contacted me today and offered his assistance to help with this issue. He isn't even with TiLite, just their sister company, ROHO. That's an outstanding level of customer service and concern. We can only wish for everyone to be so good.

Here's an update.

The error was created by the DME not TiLite. The DME ordered an adjustable chair whereas it should be non-adjustable (for less weight), and they ordered a painted chair whereas the finish should be natural titanium. They are taking responsibility. But here's the problem that remains. While removing the paint can be done in a couple weeks, ordering the different model chair will take months because it requires starting the insurance billing process all over again. I wish I could take the smartdrive (part of the order) and then wait for the chair order separately. But the DME is saying I take the entire order or nothing. Frustrating. Not what I wanted to hear. But it could be worse. At least there is some recocourse. I hope my shoulders last so long. I know they will. I just have to be less active to protect them. Like I said, it could be worse, a lot worse.

There was also the issue of the CAD drawing coming back differently than what I requested, which wasted a lot of time. But that's split milk at this point.

Today I am counting my blessings for this forum so that I can be heard and for the fact that people who are in a position to help like Tom, Stephen, and SCI_OTR actually do hear me and reach out to help. It really helps adjust one's attitude.
    Last edited by August West; 06-13-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Tom Borcherding at ROHO contacted me today and offered his assistance to help with this issue. He isn't even with TiLite, just their sister company, ROHO. That's an outstanding level of customer service and concern. We can only wish for everyone to be so good.

Here's an update.

The error was created by the DME not TiLite. The DME ordered an adjustable chair whereas it should be non-adjustable (for less weight), and they ordered a painted chair whereas the finish should be natural titanium. They are taking responsibility. But here's the problem that remains. While removing the paint can be done in a couple weeks, ordering the different model chair will take months because it requires starting the insurance billing process all over again. I wish I could take the smartdrive (part of the order) and then wait for the chair order separately. But the DME is saying I take the entire order or nothing. Frustrating. Not what I wanted to hear. But it could be worse. At least there is some recocourse. I hope my shoulders last so long. I know they will. I just have to be less active to protect them. Like I said, it could be worse, a lot worse.

There was also the issue of the CAD drawing coming back differently than what I requested, which wasted a lot of time. But that's split milk at this point.

Today I am counting my blessings for this forum so that I can be heard and for the fact that people who are in a position to help like Tom, Stephen, and SCI_OTR actually do hear me and reach out to help. It really helps adjust one's attitude.
    Tom is something like a national treasure. (As is SCI_OTR.) Not at all surprised to see him step in and help in a meaningful way. Glad to hear you're getting this situation and handled and sorry that the insurance is going to delay the delivery.

I continue to cheer for you, August!

Thanks. I recall when my injury was new, the details of the chair weren't so important. I little too tall, short, heavy... so what? Today, dialing it in matters greatly.

I believe Tom B is also the acting CEO of Permobil right now as well. While he must have a ton of stuff on his plate, he still manages to find time to monitor this forum. Amazing.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic news, all around. Tom stepping up for customers is always a helpful reminder how real the folks working at these companies supporting us actually are. They need us, we need them, and we're all humans (meaning most of us are awesome and really care about what we're doing!)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments