Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They finally delivered my new wheelchair

Helicopter type. I have a black TiLite several years old and it still looks great. works for mountain bikes, works for wheelchairs

I have heard of helicopter tape. That would make it much easier to maintain the paint. Although I never asked for paint, the silver lining on that cloud is that it would be cool to have a painted chair rather than the boring gray titanium finish. But I can't deal with the chair being heavier than my existing chair. Making it lighter was one of the main reasons for the order. Can't accept it for that reason alone.

August-
    I am following your experience avidly as I order a new Tilite ZR. Those EME order forms are truly bizarre. No doubt many dealers misread. I got mine on Friday and feel quite lost. I will go over it with the clerk line by line. I intend to type out my understanding of our agreement and have all sign it before even sending the order to tilite. The DME also promised to give me a Roho cushion at his cost. Get that in writing too. My hear aches for you having gotten the wrong chair after all this time, but no, you have no option but to refuse it.

Another thing to watch. The order form, the DME quote and the manufacturer quote are not all necessarily the same. Which one prevails? The answer depends on who you are talking to. Of course, you think the order form prevails because that is what you submitted. But the manufacturer will say his quote prevails for obvious reasons. I'm not sure what the DME will say. Because they worked on both the order form and their quote.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Another thing to watch. The order form, the DME quote and the manufacturer quote are not all necessarily the same. Which one prevails? The answer depends on who you are talking to. Of course, you think the order form prevails because that is what you submitted. But the manufacturer will say his quote prevails for obvious reasons. I'm not sure what the DME will say. Because they worked on both the order form and their quote.
    The chair is built according to the manufacturer's quote, obviously. They have no control over what's entered into a DME's quote.

Correct. But the DME never provides you the manufacturer's quote so the customer will likely proceed on the order form, which is essentially blind faith. I guess you could ask for the manufacturer's quote. This was all news to me. Learned something new.

Correct. But the DME never provides you the manufacturer's quote so the customer will likely proceed on the order form, which is essentially blind faith. I guess you could ask for the manufacturer's quote. This was all news to me. Learned something new.
    For the tiny consolation, I have learned a lot from your experience and will certainly use it.

Blog Entries
    My DMe sent me a .pdf image of the manufacturer's quote each time they got one, for me to see the changes I requested reflected. It shouldn't be that hard. Reviewing the returned quote should be standard operating procedure. Quote And CAD if applicable (I don't think they provide CAD drawings of their adjustable chairs). TiLite should include this step in any training they provide their vendors on their sales process IMO. Maybe even require a signature on the returned quote (patient signature not dme).
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I will sometime take the manufacturer's pdf quote, convert it to Word doc and erase all the pricing/cost/privileged info leaving nothing but the specs and options (as indicated on the completed manufacturer's order form) and share that with my customer. This way they know exactly what to expect. I'm sure I'm the only person who does this, though.

Good idea to do that all the time. Because only the manufacturer's quote is the controlling document. All else is for reference. I found out the hard way.
    Last edited by August West; 06-11-2019 at 03:37 AM.