Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers who drive from a Permobil F5 chair

Ouch Jim, looks like no solution for F5 users that need a docking system in their vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Ouch Jim, looks like no solution for F5 users that need a docking system in their vehicle?

Permobil while a great power chair have always been a tough installation where fitment becomes really important.

Ive always though of them as a street/on road power wheelchair to drive from that has limited ground clearance vers something with more clearance and in some cases more of a off road wheelchair.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Automotive Innovations,
    I spoke to someone at Q's Straint about the QLK 150, they told me that they designed the bracket so there would be more ground clearance. As much as 2" with their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz View Post
    Automotive Innovations,
    I spoke to someone at Q's Straint about the QLK 150, they told me that they designed the bracket so there would be more ground clearance. As much as 2" with their system.
    Its pretty much the same design and set up as a ez-lock so how can it be different?

In many cases both can be raised up increasing ground clearance, but everything is limited to the specific wheelchair.

With the qlk you buy different brackets to raise it up.
    With the ez-lock you put spacers under to raise it up.

Theres barely enough room to drive the wheelchair over ether lockdown, so raising either up is not a option unless you raise the wheelchair and make it so it has more ground clearance.

The only other option was the peramalock (or what ever it was called)

This offered more clearance when the bolt retracted electrically, but they had lots of problems which is why id guess they stopped selling them.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

I have a qlk 150 to use with my f3. It gets hung-up on thresholds and uneven sidewalks. This is the only other approach I’ve seen http://hightowerdocking.com/ it uses a bracket that extends the width of your chair. Unfortunately it seems like we have to pick the lesser of two evils, ground clearance or width!
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

Blog Entries
    I forgot all the details but I went on this odyssey last year. I got the Q one, and nothing that we tried to increase ground clearance would work.. Approaching thresholds at the bit of an angle usually helps me get over them.

That High Tower system seems like a good idea but yeah, adding width to a chair isn't usually something people want.