Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yo quads, whats everyone using for pushrims

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Ribs only have wrap handrims now, did not hold up for me at all. LOVED their original style
    I have a pair of the rib grips but could never get the hang of them. Tried two different times for four or five days. How do you steer and stop with those? The push is great. No gloves needed. But steering and stopping is spastic. Dangerously jerky. Too much grip. Went back to my old setup - fit grips glued onto natural fits. And now it sounds like fit grips is calling it quits. If I could figure out the rib grips for stopping I wouldn't need gloves. Saw the wrap ones at the expo. Should be able to glue them on same as the fit grips. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    I have a pair of the rib grips but could never get the hang of them. Tried two different times for four or five days. How do you steer and stop with those? The push is great. No gloves needed. But steering and stopping is spastic. Dangerously jerky. Too much grip. Went back to my old setup - fit grips glued onto natural fits. And now it sounds like fit grips is calling it quits. If I could figure out the rib grips for stopping I wouldn't need gloves. Saw the wrap ones at the expo. Should be able to glue them on same as the fit grips. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Cheers...
    I use bike glove with the rib grips. It took awhile to learn, and slowing can still be jerky, but i put up with it. For slowing more than gloves against grips will manage I grab the rim, slow it, grab it again. Slow and go. You just cant go down a ramp as fast as you can with natural fit.

Bummer. I love RibGrips, on my second set, and I wish I'd bought a couple extra sets last year when I thought about it. I had Blax and really liked them, but they got chewed up too quickly for me. I use the RibGrips without gloves, unless I'm going to be pushing a long way, then I use gloves. I'll probably try the new RibGrips covers once this set needs replacing, but I'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Bummer. I love RibGrips, on my second set, and I wish I'd bought a couple extra sets last year when I thought about it. I had Blax and really liked them, but they got chewed up too quickly for me. I use the RibGrips without gloves, unless I'm going to be pushing a long way, then I use gloves. I'll probably try the new RibGrips covers once this set needs replacing, but I'm not optimistic.
    Check their website. The are selling seconds of the old version for just $125. I haver a pair of seconds I bought for $99 last year and they are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Check their website. The are selling seconds of the old version for just $125. I haver a pair of seconds I bought for $99 last year and they are just fine.
    Only blue and orange available, no black. Crud.

yep. for now im going back to blax. vesco owns mfr rights now
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Only blue and orange available, no black. Crud.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer