Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo quads, whats everyone using for pushrims

Yo quads, whats everyone using for pushrims

I was using ribgrips, b4 that blax. Looking for something new.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have ribgrips, too, but am annoyed that they are impossible to clean. Otherwise they are wonderful. I'm also looking at blax.

Ran Melrose black rubber and loved them, super durable, pretty tacky, but they doubled the price. Blax are junk, don't last, not very tacky. Currently running ribs, very tacky, but they wear out super fast.

Wish there was a rim tacky like ribs but durable like Melrose.

Gekko handrims.

I am in the process of geting a new ZR with CarboLife hand rims where the rubber insert are replaceable. They are like Out-Front Surge LT hand rims but the rubber is replaceable.

Web site: https://carbolife.de/en/products/han...im-gekko?c=106

See attached picture.

Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I use Q-grips by Out-Front. They have good grip and my most recent set lasted almost 4 years.

Ribs only have wrap handrims now, did not hold up for me at all. LOVED their original style
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Ribs only have wrap handrims now, did not hold up for me at all. LOVED their original style
    That's strange. Wonder why only wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    I am in the process of geting a new ZR with CarboLife hand rims where the rubber insert are replaceable. They are like Out-Front Surge LT hand rims but the rubber is replaceable.

Web site: https://carbolife.de/en/products/han...im-gekko?c=106

See attached picture.

Ti
    Ti-
    Do you have the spec on the weight of those hand rims? I was unable to find it on their sit. It is an intriguing, if expensive, option. I particularly like the silver rims. It gets very hot where I live and black can burn your hands. That is one reason I love the rib grips in the summer. They are always comfortable to touch. I am considering using my new handrims indoors only and my older ribgrips for out-and-about. That would make the Q-grip fine for indoors, and $400 cheaper. I splurged on my last chair and am not sure it was worth it. On the other hand, my spouse suggests that since the strip on the gekko is replaceable, It's service life will be longer. A point, assuming the company survives and continues to produce the gekko.
    Last edited by Tetracyclone; 06-07-2019 at 10:01 PM.

cost......... much less to produce
    Quote Originally Posted by smity50 View Post
    That's strange. Wonder why only wraps.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Ti-
    Do you have the spec on the weight of those hand rims? I was unable to find it on their sit. It is an intriguing, if expensive, option. I particularly like the silver rims. It gets very hot where I live and black can burn your hands. That is one reason I love the rib grips in the summer. They are always comfortable to touch. I am considering using my new handrims indoors only and my older ribgrips for out-and-about. That would make the Q-grip fine for indoors, and $400 cheaper. I splurged on my last chair and am not sure it was worth it. On the other hand, my spouse suggests that since the strip on the gekko is replaceable, It's service life will be longer. A point, assuming the company survives and continues to produce the gekko.
    I got answers to my questions: weight for a pair is 2.3 lbs. The cost is better than I thought as distribution sites like Spinlife or Sportaide give weight and price per single handrim. Gekko prices by the pair. When one adds in that the life of a gekko will be longer because the silicone strip is replaceable, Gekko becomes competitive. If I live long enough.