Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me make a lighter arm rest for Permobil F3

I have non-standard arm rests on my F3 chair. I would have to dig up but I think they were a Quickie style that my dealer got from Sunrise or something. My joystick bracket from Permobil is different and is directly under the arm rest rather than the side one you have. Wonder why the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by miltongm09 View Post
    I have non-standard arm rests on my F3 chair. I would have to dig up but I think they were a Quickie style that my dealer got from Sunrise or something. My joystick bracket from Permobil is different and is directly under the arm rest rather than the side one you have. Wonder why the difference?
    Assuming you also have arm trough adapters, can you please post a photo of the underside of your arm rest with the bracket? Thanks!

Here you go

Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another

Here is arm rest.

miltongm09,
    Thanks for the photos. I like what I can see of your arm pad. You have the retractable joystick attachment. I have the swing away joystick attachment because it's lighter weight. I also have a smaller joystick similar to the photo below. Your larger joystick is reinforced with a metal plate making it more robust, but heavier to lift.

There's gotta be a way to get my swing away attachment in line with the rest of the arm rest. It fits just fine on my older chair. I just need a different bracket, but I'm at a loss of where to find one.

Actually mine is a swing away. It seems to be lightweight, mostly plastic and light. Good luck.

FWIW, miltongm09, the mount you have is what Permobil calls a "retractable mount"-meaning the joystick always faces forward, regardless of position.
    beatscooking has what Permobil calls a "swing away" mount-the joystick faces whatever direction the mount is swung to.

I'll try to describe what beatscooking should have someone do.
    The slots where the joystick is attached are curved, so the joystick can be mounted at any angle. It's easy to take the screws out and swivel the JS, on the mount, reinstall the screws. Then, the mount can be swung in closer, to move the JS, inline with the armrest.
    Maybe this photo will help: