Thread: RING Doorbell/Cam

RING Doorbell/Cam

Are any of you using this? I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm considering the peephole version. It will still be too high for me but I'm in a rental so not sure I want to put them through having to drill new holes and I was under the impression you can view from phone or monitor anyway. I do worry about the whole privacy concerns with this new tech, especially things like Alexa. I refuse to own that. I am feeling this is a little less invasive. I'm sure not entirely non-hackable.

I want one but so many negative reviews has me pondering.
    Biggest complaint is motion detect doesn't work and/or is delayed so much that monitor shows people walking away as you receive notice that someone is at door.
    I too would like to know which one actually works without harvesting my privacy.

I have the ring door bell and the Ring Cam/spotlight. There are worth every penny. I pay $100 a year and it saves 30 days of event history each day. I watch everything off of my I-phone and can talk with whoever comes to my front door or side garage.
    Hard wire the units with a good transformer and Door bell system for inside your home. Any good electrician can hook it up for you. best wishes

The subscription fee is a big turn off for me. Buy a product and pay a fee to use it? My local car wash and plumber are pushing subscription/member fees too. Apparently this is the con being taught in business college. I opt to pay as I go. Paying to use the door bell "cloud" is a con no matter how cheap. Wireless camera technology is simple and should not need an extra fee. China will soon have another category to target using simple technology not found in U.S. I had to get a phone call blocker (I hate telemarketers) from China as non were available in the U.S.

slow to activate and alert you, but still love my Ring...you can set the distance of motion...I would check on other brands and see what their delays are...

Happy w/ our Ring. A lot because of this - https://shop.ring.com/collections/ac...ucts/chime-pro . Intended to plug in in back room to warn you of motion at front door. Set ours to dog barking, plugged into front room, now when someone walks up they hear a big fierce dog.
    Robert

live free, drive fast