Thread: Ostomy supply company

Ostomy supply company

Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there has federal BC&BS as their insurance company and orders Ostomy supplies from a supplier that accepts the BC&BS payment as payment in full so there is no out of pocket expense on my end

Thanks in advance

Nevada

Sorry not exactly what you are looking for, but I get cath supplies from ABC Medical out of Georgia on my Federal BCBS and they accept the payment without out of pocket. Not ostomy supplies, but the no co-pay is a selling point of the company, so it may be worth reaching out to them for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there has federal BC&BS as their insurance company and orders Ostomy supplies from a supplier that accepts the BC&BS payment as payment in full so there is no out of pocket expense on my end

Thanks in advance

Nevada
    Edgepark: https://www.edgepark.com Making this suggestion only because this company does accept Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and I know that finding companies who accept some insurances as full payment is difficult. Edgepark does carry ostomy supplies. That said, they can be difficult and you must be on top of each order to make sure the order is placed, has been approved and has a shipping date. Then you must make sure that the prescription from your doctor is very specific for the brand and types of products you need and that the prescription stays current. Once you get established with them and you manage them every month or whenever it is you order your supplies, acceptance of insurance and coverage is pretty good. If you go in knowing that you have to be proactive with Edgepark, you will get fairly decent service. I use them for my urology supplies and have for a lot of years...but I still manage the heck out of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Edgepark: https://www.edgepark.com . Edgepark does carry ostomy supplies. That said, they can be difficult and you must be on top of each order to make sure the order is placed, ... If you go in knowing that you have to be proactive with Edgepark, you will get fairly decent service. I use them for my urology supplies and have for a lot of years...but I still manage the heck out of the process.
    My experience with them is the same.

so far 1 year edgepark no problems

I've been using ABC medical for 8.5 years (the first 3 of those with Southeast Medical which turned into ABC, but nothing changed). I have never had to worry about my supplies arriving. They used to call me every month when they were sending the supplies and after telling them I trusted the stuff to arrive I don't even have to talk with them. My stuff shows up and i don't have to do a thing.

i am another for ABC medical have never had any issues.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Another with ABC. Good experience with them, they are very good for staying on top of re-order cycles.